BREAKING Dwayne Haskins dies @ 24

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
That is tragic.

Reports are he was in Florida working out with Najee and mitch trubisky.

A lot of bama players from the 2018 and 2019 teams seemed to have been friends with him.

Reactions: REDSEA

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Not his fault. He was struck by a truck on the side of a highway, but I would have to ask, why was an NFL football player walking along the side of a highway (presumably in the wrong direction) on Saturday morning?
If I could whisper in a young man's ear, I would say, "You have earning potential, young man, even as a backup who totally screwed up his first contract in the League, you have earning potential. Spend a little money on an Uber, and save millions."
Or, put yourself in a situation in which you can be killed by a dump truck. Your choice.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not his fault. He was struck by a truck on the side of a highway, but I would have to ask, why was an NFL football player walking along the side of a highway (presumably in the wrong direction) on Saturday morning?
If I could whisper in a young man's ear, I would say, "You have earning potential, young man, even as a backup who totally screwed up his first contract in the League, you have earning potential. Spend a little money on an Uber, and save millions."
Or, put yourself in a situation in which you can be killed by a dump truck. Your choice.
perhaps you should wait until details come out before posting. Your post seems heartless and uncaring. A 24 year old man is dead and it wasn't because he "didn't take uber"

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
More info out about what happened. Seems to bring up more questions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...sedgntp&cvid=9e0d053430d44e64ad0ed4ec37206308
You’re right. I’m not sure I’d try to cross 59/20, I know I wouldn’t try to cross a Florida interstate.

Prayers to the dump truck driver, sometimes they get lost in the muck. I’m sure they were just trying to do their job and ended up with a front row seat for an image that takes a while to get over.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You’re right. I’m not sure I’d try to cross 59/20, I know I wouldn’t try to cross a Florida interstate.

Prayers to the dump truck driver, sometimes they get lost in the muck. I’m sure they were just trying to do their job and ended up with a front row seat for an image that takes a while to get over.
The only thing I could guess is maybe something flew off/out his car, and he went to retrieve it.

Yeah, I cannot imagine living with something like that.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The only thing I could guess is maybe something flew off/out his car, and he went to retrieve it.

Yeah, I cannot imagine living with something like that.
I have a wealthy acquaintance in NYC. Her Son wanted to attend the University of Alabama and had enrolled. Returning to the University from holiday he ran out of gas late at night in East Tennessee. While walking to the next exit he was hit and killed by a semi. The driver claimed to not be aware that he had hit someone and continued on until his truck overheated. These are million to one accidents in many cases and live with the families for the remainder of their lives. It is dark, speeds are way to high. It easy to make a fatal mistake or be the victim of someone's complete disregard for the life of others.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
perhaps you should wait until details come out before posting. Your post seems heartless and uncaring. A 24 year old man is dead and it wasn't because he "didn't take uber"
The investigation is ongoing. It could be because he didn't take an Uber, or it could not. We won't know for sure for a while.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.