Dylan Moses Returning

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Can the University pay for the insurance?

On one hand, that seems like an extra benefit. On the other, something in the back of my mind says the NCAA changed the rules to allow it.

I hadn’t heard Tua was uninsured. If that really the case, several people messed up horribly.
Yes, the school can pay for both types of insurance (full value and loss of value). Alabama only bought full value loss insurance for Tua, so if he is drafted at all he gets nothing. They must have offered LOV policies for these guys to get them to stay.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes, the school can pay for both types of insurance (full value and loss of value). Alabama only bought full value loss insurance for Tua, so if he is drafted at all he gets nothing. They must have offered LOV policies for these guys to get them to stay.
Which is precisely what they should do. It becomes increasingly hard to understand why not as the tv contracts continue to grow and grow.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Can the University pay for the insurance?

On one hand, that seems like an extra benefit. On the other, something in the back of my mind says the NCAA changed the rules to allow it.

I hadn’t heard Tua was uninsured. If that really the case, several people messed up horribly.
Insured for disability, I think, just not for LOV ("loss of value"). Should he come back, I'll guarantee you he will be; Moses also; probably all of the returnees...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I thought it came out that Tua was also just for disability. I may have misread...

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
First off I believe it's a good decision for Moses, I don't buy any of this hogwash about him being a 1st round pick. NFL guys don't gamble on 1st round picks, as in NEVER EVER. 1st round picks are insta-starter or somebody gets fired. With a great year in 2020 he might rate well enough.

This could be huge for Alabama's 2020 season. We haven't had a good year at LB in several seasons and it would be nice for that to change.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Which is precisely what they should do. It becomes increasingly hard to understand why not as the tv contracts continue to grow and grow.
I agree........of course it can cost Astronomical sums, but it’s probably worth it....... of course, as Earl stated, where do you cut it off?

If Tua comes back, the QB room will be REAL crowded

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If Tua comes back, we owe it to him and his family to insure him to whatever maximum degree we can under the rules and market availability of insurance instruments.

I think that anyone that comes back from medical redshirt or season-ending injury should be insured..... Even if they aren't pro material.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought it came out that Tua was also just for disability. I may have misread...
That is what I meant - total loss - inability to play (maybe called disability?). I just didn't post the correct vernacular.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The premiums can be enormous for stars. The problem is twofold. First, budgetary, and second - where on your roster do you quit insuring?
I know it's a can of worms. I think it should happen, but maybe it's not as feasible as I believe. Still, when you see the numbers the schools are raking in now, and think about what the player is potentially losing...

Reactions: B1GTide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I agree........of course it can cost Astronomical sums, but it’s probably worth it....... of course, as Earl stated, where do you cut it off?

If Tua comes back, the QB room will be REAL crowded
Here's my theory...Tua comes back, Lia is #2...BY learns...
Year after...Tua goes to The League, Lia and family follow to a university close to the city where Tua plays, and BY takes over...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Ok Ols, you left out Mac jones. Where did he go?
No inside knowledge here whatsoever....but if Tua returns, I would be shocked beyond words if Mac didn’t transfer. And I wouldn’t blame him a bit.

He’s proven himself a good college QB, and would start for all but a select few teams. Unfortunately for him, Alabama with a healthy Tua would be one of those few teams.

Yet another transfer for OU (assuming, of course, that Riley isn’t in Dallas by the end of the week)? If not there, UTw would be an option. tOSU? Florida, maybe?

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No inside knowledge here whatsoever....but if Tua returns, I would be shocked beyond words if Mac didn’t transfer. And I wouldn’t blame him a bit.

He’s proven himself a good college QB, and would start for all but a select few teams. Unfortunately for him, Alabama with a healthy Tua would be one of those few teams.

Yet another transfer for OU (assuming, of course, that Riley isn’t in Dallas by the end of the week)? If not there, UTw would be an option. tOSU? Florida, maybe?
Imagine him at LSU? :oops:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.