Game Thread: Early games thread - a catchall

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I hate this OT, this isn’t football anymore. What a joke of a way to end a game. College needs to change to the NFL overtime rules IMO. I have always disliked college overtime because it completely removes aspects of the game, like playing your full regular offense or defense and almost removes all special teams play.

Why not just have a field goal contest and keep backing up 10 yards until someone missed. Or how about just flip a coin to decide the winner, since the NCAA wants as little football played as possible. This is just a joke of an overtime but I bet the national media will claim it the best game ever.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I hate this OT, this isn’t football anymore. What a joke of a way to end a game. College needs to change to the NFL overtime rules IMO. I have always disliked college overtime because it completely removes aspects of the game, like playing your full regular offense or defense and almost removes all special teams play.

Why not just have a field goal contest and keep backing up 10 yards until someone missed. Or how about just flip a coin to decide the winner, since the NCAA wants as little football played as possible. This is just a joke of an overtime but I bet the national media will claim it the best game ever.
Complete joke.

I agree the NFL's rules are the best.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
so its just 2 pt conversions over and over until one scores and the other doesn't?

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Penn States freefall through the rankings continues..predictable like the trees losing their leaves every October....yet people still think they are a Top 10 program....Texas of the East

• Haha
Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.