BREAKING Early Signing Day December 2021

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Looks like we will end up #2. Greene and Harris both likely sign with A&M. Like Evil Crimson said if they count transfers we probably would (if we get Gibbs and if Boutte enters the portal and signs with us). A&M and their boosters with NIL did a great job in this cycle.
Bama is 1st in some of the recruiting services......... and the distance between 1,2 and 3 is hard to measure....... Jimbo still has to develop them, and I haven’t seen him do that with many players yet

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Denver Harris is the player. Jimbo has admitted to NIL activity which has a lot to do with why they got so many high rated recruits.

• Wow
Reactions: The Ols

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Probably legally paying players with all that money throwing around. It has its benefits, but if these guys keep shelling out dollars and the status quo stays the same who knows how short Jimbo’s leash will be.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Denver Harris is the player. Jimbo has admitted to NIL activity which has a lot to do with why they got so many high rated recruits.
Getting them is one thing. Keeping them is another.
aTm has assembled a great class, 2-3 years will tell us how that pans out.
I love what we did, it had a purpose...not like someone said earlier about aTm and grabbing candy like a fat kid...🤣

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Getting them is one thing. Keeping them is another.
aTm has assembled a great class, 2-3 years will tell us how that pans out.
I love what we did, it had a purpose...not like someone said earlier about aTm and grabbing candy like a fat kid...🤣
Im sure Jimbo will be crowing in the spring about beating Bama again.............not this time

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
With the NIL deals, I don't see any difference between now and the old days with SMU and the dead SWC. Just as I predicted, boosters are contacting players before they sign and making deals. Just like the portal, this will get out of control next year.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
With the NIL deals, I don't see any difference between now and the old days with SMU and the dead SWC. Just as I predicted, boosters are contacting players before they sign and making deals. Just like the portal, this will get out of control next year.
My wife and I were discussing this. SMU’s mistake was they were just ahead of their time. There is a lot of $$$ behind A&M and Texas (aka t.u.) to Aggies. Glad we got Ricks. I think the Tide sort of dropped off with Denver a couple of weeks back in their discussions so it was inevitably A&M and Texas with A&M being in the lead. With exception of the portal, we are done with 2022 and have moved in to 2023. I believe the SEC ended up with like 75% of the five stars. Crazy. Going to be fun to watch Nick and Jimbo over next few years.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Seems like it’s pretty much already there

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
Yeah A&M used ‘big oil’,money to nail down this class. If you remember some weeks back Elmer Fudd messed up while being asked about the LSU job and stated they were going to sign the #1 class, then he crawfished a bit and said it would be pretty good. He knew then, nearly a month ago. There is no one on this Earth that can convince me the NIL conversations are being held after the player has signed. Which I believe is how it is supposed to go. I may be wrong. Anyway great class for Bama, on thing I never worry about is Coach Saban and his recruiting, he is going to get his.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I find it hard to believe a group of players (A&M) who signed because of NIL contracts is going to then humble themselves, grind it every day, be good teammates, classmates and play as a team to win. Just look at the NFL and it's history of overpaid rookies who get the paycheck and then party themselves out of the league. And these guys are older. Think of having a bunch of 18 year olds loaded up to their eyeballs with more money than they ever dreamed of. All I can say is get the popcorn. This is going to be like watching the fail army videos

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.