Early Signing Day - Live coverage here

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
12,250 total passing yards in highschool, 152 TDs, 255 passing yards per game - 915 for 1311 attempts with 21 INTs...think the kid will be up to speed of the college game with a full Spring under his belt.
I don't doubt that he can throw it. I just want to see more of the nuanced throws QB's have to make in college. Can he look off safeties? Can he throw a touch pass to RB's out of the backfield? Can he hit the slant with timing? Can he hit the WR on a backshoulder fade or on a comeback route? Can he throw a bomb so that the WR is the only one with a change to catch it (and not have to adjust much on the ball)? How is his control on spacing down the sidelines?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
And if CNS offers a 3 star it's because he knows he's probably not a 3 star! Almost every class there is a player or two like this.

I personally think the tight end will be an impact player. Did you see the video where he throws a basketball off the backboard and then goes and gets it for a circus dunk? He's super athletic. If his blocking skills and catching ability match his athleticism he'll play early too.
Don’t let him take his shirt off, he will steal your girlfriend!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Favorite recruits in this class have to be Earle, Turner, Brockermeyer and Latham. All will be day 1 starters in my opinion. Watch out for Dallas Turner to end up as one of Bama's best ever pass rushers.
The ol guys will make a push for sure and have a shot. Turner would have to beat anderson and as good as turner is, I think with what anderson has done on the field he will be very, very hard to beat out. If earl can block, he'll very likely earn time.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yesterday was a lot of fun for me. The OSU class was signed by 11am, and we landed all of our commits. That allowed me to really focus on the Alabama class, and what a class.
I spied eleven Warriors yesterday , you guys have a great class. Solid talent coming in. I hear OSU will probably only sign 23, is that what you hear? Do you think the Buckeyes can overtake Bama for the #1 class ? BTW, I was impressed at the level of respect for Nick and his program. Of course there are the negative posts, but Most were great. I didn’t know Ohio St fans had almost as much dislike of Kirby and Georgia as we do!

Reactions: CraigD and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I spied eleven Warriors yesterday , you guys have a great class. Solid talent coming in. I hear OSU will probably only sign 23, is that what you hear? Do you think the Buckeyes can overtake Bama for the #1 class ? BTW, I was impressed at the level of respect for Nick and his program. Of course there are the negative posts, but Most were great. I didn’t know Ohio St fans had almost as much dislike of Kirby and Georgia as we do!
Yeah, 23 is what I have heard for a while. We have no chance of passing Alabama, IMO, but there is no shame in being #2 to that class.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CraigD and The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't doubt that he can throw it. I just want to see more of the nuanced throws QB's have to make in college. Can he look off safeties? Can he throw a touch pass to RB's out of the backfield? Can he hit the slant with timing? Can he hit the WR on a backshoulder fade or on a comeback route? Can he throw a bomb so that the WR is the only one with a change to catch it (and not have to adjust much on the ball)? How is his control on spacing down the sidelines?
Unfortunately with a 10 game SEC schedule only we did not see enough of BY. We were typically up big and we know Saban does not pile on so his passing was limited. He comes from Mater Dei HS who has had very decorated QB's (Leinart, Matt Barkley, Colt Brennan and most recently JT Daniels) and their head coach said BY was the best QB in school history and the best he has ever seen. He will develop quickly with a spring and summer camp under his belt and will be a true dual threat QB we have never had IMO.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Auburn's recruiting class has the body count of a Mad Max movie. For all their whining about Tide poachers, the Mensas still pulled the no. 4 class. But it was clearly not the bump they felt was rightfully theirs after THE GREATEST SEASON EVER!!!.
Their class is rated highly this year, but if I read correctly the article in the paper down here, they only signed 1 offensive lineman. My experience is, if you don't have the big uglies up front, your skill people don't prosper. The mensas still have a few spots left for the late signing period, but I don't know what they might have in the hopper.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It's the dark side of being a Mensa. They are required to think they're better than everybody else.
Answer this for me: Why do mensas smell like corn dogs?

Edit: well duh...it just dawned on me. I should be asking the Red Stick Mensa Chapter. Sorry to bother ya’ll.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Their class is rated highly this year, but if I read correctly the article in the paper down here, they only signed 1 offensive lineman. My experience is, if you don't have the big uglies up front, your skill people don't prosper. The mensas still have a few spots left for the late signing period, but I don't know what they might have in the hopper.
They're already talking about transfers to fill the holes. Never a good thing on signing day. As much as they hate to say it, they look at our depth on both lines and fall to their knees, mumbling that Saban is God.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s not early signing, but it has an affect ! Why have I seen Trey Sanders is in the transfer portal on other boards? Anyone know? flirted for a little while? Wishful thinking. I mean if he wanted to transfer to be closer to home while he rehabs, it’s understandable! Anyone have any insight.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
It’s not early signing, but it has an affect ! Why have I seen Trey Sanders is in the transfer portal on other boards? Anyone know? flirted for a little while? Wishful thinking. I mean if he wanted to transfer to be closer to home while he rehabs, it’s understandable! Anyone have any insight.
I guess a good question to ask is what other boards are you viewing? This board hasn’t mentioned anything about it and usually has pretty good insight.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I guess a good question to ask is what other boards are you viewing? This board hasn’t mentioned anything about it and usually has pretty good insight.
well there was a question or two in a thread on this board a few days back, but I thought that was put to rest. Just someone flapping their gums on Twitter. But there is a thread on the UGA Rivals board about it behind a paywall so I can’t read it, and there was this in a Trey Sanders thread on swampgas with several responses, but none said the obvious, he wasn’t in the portal. I looked myself to verify for my own edification. HE IS NOT IN THE PORTAL

TREY SANDERS
Does anyone remember the pure panic & disappointment on the boards when he chose Bama? Now that he’s in the portal, barely a yawn on here. There’s a message & a lesson somewhere in there, about how we sometimes act and over react to recruiting.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I understand if Trey is frustrated. First the foot, then the car accident, both coming when he was just rounding into a big contributor.

But neither of those things were attributable to anything anybody in Tuscaloosa did or didn’t do. And if he makes a business decision (which I would do in his position), he will get the best rehab in the world under Rhea and Ballou.

I’d be surprised if he leaves, but you never know what’s going through the mind of a 19-year-old.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I understand if Trey is frustrated. First the foot, then the car accident, both coming when he was just rounding into a big contributor.

But neither of those things were attributable to anything anybody in Tuscaloosa did or didn’t do. And if he makes a business decision (which I would do in his position), he will get the best rehab in the world under Rhea and Ballou.

I’d be surprised if he leaves, but you never know what’s going through the mind of a 19-year-old.
I would too unless the injury is worse than thought. I think he will be back and be our #1 guy if all heals well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.