BREAKING Early Signing Day Thread - 12.21.22

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Damari Brown about to announce but from what our experts have said he will take the money and run to Miami.
It's brilliant, actually - the more followers he has the greater his value for future NIL deals.

ETA: I pretty much hate what unbridled NIL has done to CFB in such a short time, but I won't begrudge a kid maximizing his earning potential.
If this guy pays as much attention to learning his craft as he does when it comes to self-promotion, he ought to be all world by his sophomore year!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Heard an interesting stat today; of the last 100 Alabama signees, 42 went to the portal.
Yeah, the excitement of watching guys develop and coming together as a team to win championships doesn't carry the same meaning these days. I hope it happens with this group, but it also wouldn't surprise me if half of these guys are gone within 2 years. Here's hoping for at least one championship. 🏆 Roll Tide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Yeah, the excitement of watching guys develop and coming together as a team to win championships doesn't carry the same meaning these days. I hope it happens with this group, but it also wouldn't surprise me if half of these guys are gone within 2 years. Here's hoping for at least one championship. 🏆 Roll Tide
Of the guys that stay, I wonder how many get drafted? Guessing that's a fairly impressive number?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
What will be interesting is how the young players come on in the next 8+ months to fill the holes we have. I think that we have made some significant progress on both the DL and OL...that is where you win or lose most games. Yes, we have some game breakers @ WR and RB...but they need a quality OL to function. I hope we have at least 2 big men who can step up on the DL -- Smith being one. We did not have a consistent force in the middle on defense and it hurt our LB's as well. I'm not as concerned about DB's -- we have solid play there, especially if we get a pass rush in the middle. Personally I think Story plays a more controlled and better safety than Jordan Battle...he was out of position looking for the big play IMHO.

I would hope that our punter gets some more distance...I miss JK Scott!

What do you think?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It's brilliant, actually - the more followers he has the greater his value for future NIL deals.

ETA: I pretty much hate what unbridled NIL has done to CFB in such a short time, but I won't begrudge a kid maximizing his earning potential.
As an attorney with an advertising/marketing undergrad degree, I wholeheartedly concur! Excellent marketing strategy!

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
What will be interesting is how the young players come on in the next 8+ months to fill the holes we have. I think that we have made some significant progress on both the DL and OL...that is where you win or lose most games. Yes, we have some game breakers @ WR and RB...but they need a quality OL to function. I hope we have at least 2 big men who can step up on the DL -- Smith being one. We did not have a consistent force in the middle on defense and it hurt our LB's as well. I'm not as concerned about DB's -- we have solid play there, especially if we get a pass rush in the middle. Personally I think Story plays a more controlled and better safety than Jordan Battle...he was out of position looking for the big play IMHO.

I would hope that our punter gets some more distance...I miss JK Scott!

What do you think?
I concour my friend, we were not very good on the OL this year and it showed in some play calling

Reactions: Padreruf

CharlestonUAAlum

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 2, 2022
Hopefully some coaching changes are in the making as well...but this class has the potential to be game changing and bring Bama back up to where we have grown accustomed to being. I see several instant-impact types in this group in important positions. I like it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.