Easton T-Town Showdown

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Bama goes to 19-0 taking a doubleheader with Northern Iowa 5-3 and 8-0.Savannah Woodard with a grand slam to end game 2 on run rule in 5 innings.Freshman pitcher Jaala Torrence was impressive in her first start.The game against South Alabama tomorrow will be on sec network.RTR!

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
South Alabama gets their first ever win over BAMA, 1-0. I don't know what was going on today, but we could have created a hurricane with the number of swings and misses we had. Also, a lot of pop ups and soft, easy to catch liners. Hope we can get Johnson and Sides back soon because our overall hitting is suffering. The pitcher for South threw a good game, but we looked at a lot of what I would call "good pitches to hit".

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
We also got outcoached. We obviously were not going to do anything with the swings we were taking. Why not change and try to lay down a bunt and move the base runner to the next base or get on base trying to lay the ball down and make them play defense. Yet we kept trying to hit the long ball. Good thing this game was a throwaway game so to speak.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
We also got outcoached. We obviously were not going to do anything with the swings we were taking. Why not change and try to lay down a bunt and move the base runner to the next base or get on base trying to lay the ball down and make them play defense. Yet we kept trying to hit the long ball. Good thing this game was a throwaway game so to speak.
Good point. I thought about that when Jenkins got the lead-off double. The hitters coming up behind her are all fast and can bunt. We should have tried to manufacture a run just to get it tied up.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
It will definitely help to get KB's bat back in the line-up, but they should be able to handle USA without her or Johnson. USA's freshman pitcher threw a heck of a game, though. She hit her spots the whole game, and moved it around very well. She kept our hitters off balance, didn't walk anybody, and only gave up 3 hits. That's impressive. If I'm guessing, our girls may have went in a little overconfident, and it bit them in the butt. Then they were trying to do too much, and over-swinging. As a coach, I see it happen. You coach them to focus on every game the same, but sometimes they go into a game like this, where they know they are the better team, and they let the other team stick around. You could see USA's pitcher getting more confident every inning. Like Tide Rev said, it was basically a throwaway game, so it wouldn't shock me if Murph was okay with them getting a little slice of humble pie. If he plays small ball late, and we pull out the win, they'll believe they can do it every game. They weren't going undefeated, regardless, so it's better to learn a lesson now, instead of in a game that matters. Just my opinion.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.