Economic Impacts of Covid - Part II

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've made it before - but mine wasn't good. I need to try again since I have 4 containers in my fridge of hummus that will be gone in a week.

Edit - now I have tahini on my grocery list. I'll give it another shot.
we eat a decent amount of hummus, but the few times we’ve tried to make it, we just can’t get the texture that we want. we can get close, but usually just end up buying it at the store

Reactions: MobtownK

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
we eat a decent amount of hummus, but the few times we’ve tried to make it, we just can’t get the texture that we want. we can get close, but usually just end up buying it at the store
my guess is it is because you didn't de-skin your chickpeas. Makes a difference

I buy Kalamata Olives by the 4 pound Keg at a local Middle Eastern Grocery and a handful or two added in makes an amazing hummus.

another tip. Don't throw out your chick pea water, use it. It makes a great vegan substitute for egg whites https://minimalistbaker.com/a-guide-to-aquafaba/

but yeah I end up buying Sabra way more often than I make my own. When I do make my own I also tend to make my own falafel as well

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
my guess is it is because you didn't de-skin your chickpeas. Makes a difference

I buy Kalamata Olives by the 4 pound Keg at a local Middle Eastern Grocery and a handful or two added in makes an amazing hummus.

another tip. Don't throw out your chick pea water, use it. It makes a great vegan substitute for egg whites https://minimalistbaker.com/a-guide-to-aquafaba/

but yeah I end up buying Sabra way more often than I make my own. When I do make my own I also tend to make my own falafel as well
a couple of years ago we figured out about the trick of skinning of the chick-peas and using the water and that made it a lot better. but after 3 or 4 times skinning the chick peas, i realized it was a pain in the ass

i need to get one of those jugs of olives

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
a couple of years ago we figured out about the trick of skinning of the chick-peas and using the water and that made it a lot better. but after 3 or 4 times skinning the chick peas, i realized it was a pain in the ass

i need to get one of those jugs of olives
Jerusalem Bakery https://jerusalembakery.restaurant/locations/ is where I pick them up, it is a little far from you. 14.99 and they last months. I keep a small glass jar that I refill as I need it in my kitchen fridge and the keg in my garage beer fridge. They also make fresh pita there daily, I go once a month or so and buy a few dozen and throw them straight into the freezer for when I want one. They have the best pita I've ever had

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Inflation remained elevated in July, but showed evidence of cooling as the economic recovery continued amid pandemic-related supply problems and signs that the recent rise in coronavirus infections is starting to crimp some business activity.

Consumer prices rose 5.4% in July from a year earlier, the same pace as in June, the highest 12-month rate since 2008, the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Wholesale prices jump 1% in July, matching June increase

Inflation at the wholesale level jumped a higher-than-expected 1% in July, matching the rise from the previous month, and dimming hopes that the upward trajectory of prices would begin to slow.

Prices at the wholesale level over the past 12 months are up a record 7.8%, the largest increase in that span of time in a series going back to 2010.

And the back-to-back monthly increases in the producer price index, which measures price pressures before they reach consumers, were the most sizeable since a 1.2% rise in January, the Labor Department reported Thursday.
Wholesale prices jump 1% in July, matching June increase (cnbc.com)

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
1000 jobs available, only 50 people showed up!

It's the extra unemploy..... what's that? Oh, they stopped it? No more extra mon... Really? And STILL nobody showed up? Hmmm.... You mean it's something else?! Really?!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.