Economic Impacts of Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, I see my daughter put out a GoFundMe to try and save her restaurant. Theoretically, the French government is subsidizing enterprises like theirs by enough to scrape by. In fact, after November, the government decided all applications needed to be audited in detail. The result was the system ground to a halt and they haven't received reimbursement for December. The applications for January haven't even been sent out. They promise much more than our government to small business. OTOH, their bureaucracy puts ours to shame...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Still have not received a deposit from GDOL. I am able to file weekly but still no money. I actually don't expect to at this point. I will most likely have a job again well before I ever (if ever) receive any payment from GDOL.

• Sad
Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Still have not received a deposit from GDOL. I am able to file weekly but still no money. I actually don't expect to at this point. I will most likely have a job again well before I ever (if ever) receive any payment from GDOL.
Will they, at some point, give you the back payments?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No idea. They suck at their jobs. I seriously doubt it. 2008 wasn't even this bad. Since they are all "working" from home, I guess it is harder to get payments out?
I assume that the laws protect you here. You pay for unemployment benefits, and these are just an extension of that. At some point you should be made whole. Don't cut them any slack - demand every cent that you are owed, even if it takes years to get it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I assume that the laws protect you here. You pay for unemployment benefits, and these are just an extension of that. At some point you should be made whole. Don't cut them any slack - demand every cent that you are owed, even if it takes years to get it.
I am very frustrated with this whole thing. If I did not have a lot of money in savings I would be screwed. I pity anyone that does not have savings and is getting treated like me. Those people are so much worse off than me that it just makes me angrier. I have not had to dip into savings yet, but that will change next month for sure. I have reached out to a couple of people I know that I could do contract/temp only work and they are interested and even said they would pay the numbers I offered. I even reached out to my former firm and they are definitely on board. We will see if something comes up, Then I have the other option of taking the possible South Carolina job, but that may be a couple of months away.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am very frustrated with this whole thing. If I did not have a lot of money in savings I would be screwed. I pity anyone that does not have savings and is getting treated like me. Those people are so much worse off than me that it just makes me angrier. I have not had to dip into savings yet, but that will change next month for sure. I have reached out to a couple of people I know that I could do contract/temp only work and they are interested and even said they would pay the numbers I offered. I even reached out to my former firm and they are definitely on board. We will see if something comes up, Then I have the other option of taking the possible South Carolina job, but that may be a couple of months away.
In NJ it sometimes takes a long time to get that first check, but our friends who have been through the process have eventually all been made whole (received back payments). Our church helped a few families get through the dark period, before payments started coming in. But there are a lot of people out there who have fallen through the cracks. The cynic in me believes that this is being done on purpose, in the hopes that people will give up and the state can use the money elsewhere.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The insanity continues (maybe)
Fourth Stimulus Check: Over 60 Lawmakers Now Support Further Direct Payments to Americans
Many Americans have been wondering whether there will be a fourth round of stimulus checks as the federal government continues to distribute the $1,400 provided in President Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan. So far, 64 congressional lawmakers have pushed for recurring direct payments until the pandemic ends.
Fourth Stimulus Check: Over 60 Lawmakers Now Support Further Direct Payments to Americans (msn.com)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Per NBC news, small businesses are now having problems filling jobs because people are making more on unemployment and many states have suspended the 'looking for work' requirement.

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Per NBC news, small businesses are now having problems filling jobs because people are making more on unemployment and many states have suspended the 'looking for work' requirement.
I am okay with all of that. We are in the middle of a global pandemic.

Reactions: 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.