Election Predictions With Less Than 50 Days To Go

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My Oregon bud and I were talking yesterday, and he asked me my take AT THIS POINT. (I always reserve the right to change it).

Biden wins.
Dems keep House.
Dems take the Senate albeit narrowly

(FTR - I predicted this when I predicted impeachment based on Ukraine about a year ago. Trump would be acquitted, and the Dems would sweep the country. Nothing so far has changed my mind - in fact, the pandemic pushes things more in the Ds direction).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that the GOP (and America) would be in a very different position if they had shown their leader the door when they had the chance during the impeachment proceedings. They have since doubled down on stupid, so they deserve to lose the senate along with the presidency.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think that the GOP (and America) would be in a very different position if they had shown their leader the door when they had the chance during the impeachment proceedings. They have since doubled down on stupid, so they deserve to lose the senate along with the presidency.
Oh, I agree.

OTOH - what the politicians will tell you (a la Jeff Flake) is, "Look, we don't like this guy, but if we vote against him then our own raging constituency is going to replace us, and nothing is more important than keeping my federal job with no heavy lifting and six-figure salary for about three months' work."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Biden wins by less than 20 EC

Dems take the Senate

Dems keep the house

We won’t know the results until 2 weeks after the election

SCOTUS will have to end the election

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i think it will be a strong dem wave election. my guess is it will play out like 2018 with the extent of the win coming in the days/weeks following the election.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
i think it will be a strong dem wave election. my guess is it will play out like 2018 with the extent of the win coming in the days/weeks following the election.
I say a silent prayer that you are right in this. I see much of what I consider to be unprecedented opposition to Trump in the news and social media among even conservative voters. I attempt to weigh this against all of the efforts to obstruct voting by Trump backers to ultimately delay a result and throw the election into the courts. With McConnell continuing to hold literal veto authority over Congress and Trump violating all boundaries of executive power I strongly believe that four more years of Trump spells the end of this Republic. Considering this country's financial, social and environmental issues that statement isn't such a great leap of faith.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Trump wins by significant EC majority and election is called the night of Nov 3 (or early morning of Nov 4)

GOP retains the Senate

GOP takes the House (17 seats needed)

Democrats won't accept election results yet again as evidenced by Biden team recently "lawyerin' up" in anticipation of court challenges to election process

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trump wins by significant EC majority and election is called the night of Nov 3 (or early morning of Nov 4)

GOP retains the Senate

GOP takes the House (17 seats needed)

Democrats won't accept election results yet again as evidenced by Biden team recently "lawyerin' up" in anticipation of court challenges to election process
Whole lot of wishful thinking there... :)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
they are definitely trying to screw with the election. but i think they may have played their hands too early as it has seemingly gotten a lot of folks to mobilize and pay attention to the upcoming election and making sure they vote. purely anecdotal, but i have seen quite a lot of folks out and about registering voters
I know one thing - black folk are mobilized against him to a far greater degree than four years ago, after seeing what his first term has been like...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.