Eli Ricks Arrested-Charge Dismissed by Court

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Alabama cornerback Eli Ricks was arrested Sunday evening in Mississippi for speeding, not having insurance and a first offense of possession of marijuana.
Ricks, a former five-star recruit, was listed Monday morning as an inmate by the Jones County Sheriff’s department. He was booked at 5:14 p.m. CT after being arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: seebell and Toddrn

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So he was pulled over for speeding and didn't have proof of insurance and had weed in the car.

Not a big deal to me. Not a good decision, but how many people have gotten tickets for speeding? No insurance? Weed? I'm not all that worried about that. Better than a DUI.
Agreed for the most part. Dumb moves to be doing all of those at once but besides that I don't care.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He was taken to jail for this?
Probably because it was a) speeding b) lack of proof insurance and c) possession of weed (assuming it is less than 30 grams meaning it would be misdemeanor possession).

The fact he had three possible violations probably got him the ride to the klink.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaninLA

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Probably because it was a) speeding b) lack of proof insurance and c) possession of weed (assuming it is less than 30 grams meaning it would be misdemeanor possession).

The fact he had three possible violations probably got him the ride to the Kline.
It seems most people don't know that driving without insurance is an arrestable offense in some states

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Ever heard the expression, "Young and stupid." I think Mr. Ricks falls into this category. I suspect he should be less worried about the judicial system than having to face Coach. Best of luck young man but don't let history repeat itself.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Was watching Rally Cap/SEC Now this morning and they showed Drew Brees giving the LSU baseball team a pep talk. He made reference to his 3 young sons watching them play at the park and studying their every move.

What I liked about that comment was the emphasis that when you are in the limelight - you are expected to be a role model for our young people.

They are watching your every move.

In most cases it's not an issue because Mom and Dad raised you the right way. They educated you in the difference between right and wrong.

Doesn't guarantee you won't make a wrong step here and there, of course.

But decision making in life, especially for those in the limelight, should be based on what type of legacy you want to leave to those around you.

This is why leadership on a sports team is so important.

I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone here - just sharing a thought.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.