Elite Eight Schedule from the NCAA...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well the SEC is going home.

I think it's Gonzaga and Baylor. It's kind of cool that there has been this little SWC reunion with Arkansas/Baylor, and now Baylor/Houston.

I think Michigan will beat UCLA. I think Gonzaga is too much for USC and Michigan.

Baylor vs. Gonzaga will be epic.

I believe we'll get there soon enough.

Reactions: B1GTide

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I still can't believe we are not there tonight. I also can't believe that with 2 minutes to go in the first half, it's 22-21 UCLA. Thought Michigan would be a little better at putting up points. Personally, I think Michigan looks a little slow.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Michigan looks very beatable. Shake my head.
Yeah that’s going to be the unfortunate takeaway. Michigan is imminently beatable. We should have beaten them as well. Meaning we should have had our first final 4 this year. Getting past Gonzaga would probably have taken a 1980 US Men’s Hockey team style upset though.

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
Yeah that’s going to be the unfortunate takeaway. Michigan is imminently beatable. We should have beaten them as well. Meaning we should have had our first final 4 this year. Getting past Gonzaga would probably have taken a 1980 US Men’s Hockey team style upset though.
I'd guess our players feel sick watching this knowing they should be the team beating Michigan with a great opportunity to make the Final Four. Takes a lot of mental and physical stamina to make it through the tournament. Have a letdown and you're going home. I think that is why Gonzaga is above everyone else. They play all out all the time.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So I got the alert on my phone with the score, is Ucla really this good on defense? Is there some reason everyone that plays them has their worst game ever?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So I got the alert on my phone with the score, is Ucla really this good on defense? Is there some reason everyone that plays them has their worst game ever?
Defense and style of play IMO. If you’re a team that likes to play up tempo and in transition where possible, it’s hard to get any rhythm in a game versus teams like UCLA.

I liken them to a Mississippi State in our league with the exception that UCLA, player for player, shoots the ball better.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd guess our players feel sick watching this knowing they should be the team beating Michigan with a great opportunity to make the Final Four. Takes a lot of mental and physical stamina to make it through the tournament. Have a letdown and you're going home. I think that is why Gonzaga is above everyone else. They play all out all the time.
Barkley said tonight that they never play down to their opponent. He said they just put it on 65mph and never slow down...

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.