ESPN and Sports Illustrated at War over Cam

JoeWilly12

1st Team
Sep 27, 2006
Athens, AL
Sports Illustrated appears to be defending Auburn while ESPN appears to be pushing the investigation. ESPN struck back indirectly last night with their NCAA Death Penalty documentary following the Heisman presentation? Some are saying that this was intentional. Have those guys at ESPN no scrupples?
SI is backing Auburn? Did you not read Austin Murphy's write up about his acceptance speech for Cam Newton. Didn't see any defending there.

Just what will Cam Newton say on Heisman Day? - 12.13.10 - SI Vault

Tennessee

All-American
Jun 7, 2002
Knoxville, TN
I tend to agree. There's going to be a great deal more coming out (you can't expect Tennessee to have read Mega), however, it's going to be along the lines of discussing Cam and his future - not anything directly being said by him. Other than it's expecting 99% of us to play along with the naked emperor, that's the only link to a quote of Cam himself admitting he knew he'd been sold. Family dinners must be a trip at the Newton house, what with Cam having to be excused every time money is discussed...
Again, I'm not saying that no more will come out on Cam...All I'm saying is that ESPN broke this story, and it holds a big stake for its reporters to be correct...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.