ESPN Commentators

Tenntiderman

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I think I remember that Herbie moved to Nashville to get away from the harassment by Buckeye fans...
He moved to Franklin Tn...and anybody who thinks he would escape hostile OSU fans by relocating to THAT traffic nightmare is exposing a horrendous lack of knowledge about not just Franklin but ALL of Middle Tennessee. Not saying YOU Sir are that person. Just saying that He probably knows Trevor Matich. Trevor is an acquaintance of mine. He knows me as "The Bama guy". I served Trevor as moral support prior to shoulder surgery on a rotator problem. Don't really know him except in passing. Just found it odd that both work for same folks.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
11 years ago. things change
Yep - when his boys went to Clemson he was all in on Dabo. He is now back on the Buckeye bandwagon like he never was before at ESPN.

He is still the best college football analyst, IMO, but he has decided to wear the Buckeye glasses.

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Yep - when his boys went to Clemson he was all in on Dabo. He is now back on the Buckeye bandwagon like he never was before at ESPN.

He is still the best college football analyst, IMO, but he has decided to wear the Buckeye glasses.
His main problem is that he has a daily radio call-in sportstalk show. He thinks he has to constantly talk during games now.

Reactions: B1GTide

Windsortide

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2019
Is it me, or does every ESPN commentator stump for their team except for Bama’s two reps? Greg and Rece have bad mouthed Bama all year.
That would be correct. Rece and Greg are after long term employment. Makes you think why some may have been reassigned or dropped from the network. This year confirmed for everyone Bama fatigue is real. The funniest thing is UGA in their exuberance to not be playing Alabama have not realized that in order for the committee to keep the BEST four out they got screwed with OSU and UM gets a walk to the final. LOL 😂

Windsortide

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2019
Greg seems like an outcast child that tries waaaay too hard to be accepted by the popular kids. He speaks what he feels will make him popular, not with what he actually feels. There is a difference in being unbiased and pandering.
That’s why I call him the mayor and Rece the Senator. LOL 😂

Windsortide

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2019
Peter Burns is an LSU guy but keeps that at an acceptable level. Booger and that other DL idiot never did. Clark either. Obnoxious about LSU. All 3

Roman, I find, is civil as well.
Peter Burns needs to know that the SEC played long before 2019 and that is not the only great season and the only reference to greatness in the Sec. His limited knowledge really destroys what could be a great show.

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!