ESPN Commentators

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I expect him to stand up for his team no matter what. Just the same as Herbie does, or the rest of the guys from other schools. We all know Bama didn’t have the best year, that doesn’t mean you can’t campaign for them. Especially when others do the same for their team.
Sorry, that’s not the job description.

SMOKIESBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2018
I will die on the hill that states the WHOLE thing was a collective middle finger to Alabama. How does TCU not drop a SINGLE SPOT?! At this point I am not saying we should be in. Our team left it up to someone other than themselves. But, I will echo Saban, "Would we be the favorites in those games or the underdog?" But, once again I digress. It really is, " it is what it is." But, we all should be able to agree Bama didn't even get discussed in this. That apparent with TCU not even dropping a single spot. The discussion was do we have a rematch of "THE Game" in the semis or not?
FWIW, I know beat the pumpkins or LSU it's a non issue, but our team didn't. Left an opening, and the committee took advantage. I refuse to be on the TCU band wagon I've seen from some other Bama fans. I hope they get exposed and everyone else sees that the committee is a lie and a sham.
You want relevancy? At least tell the truth on why you made your picks and don't deny that certain discussions weren't brought up at all. Boo is a bad liar, and that's one truth to take away from this whole thing. Roll Tide and rant over
I feel better now. Pass me the antacid.
Oh, I agree. ESPN was setting this whole season up to disregard Alabama. They all but dressed in orange for their GameDay at Knoxville. They were 100% promoting a Tennessee victory in that one.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Is it me, or does every ESPN commentator stump for their team except for Bama’s two reps? Greg and Rece have bad mouthed Bama all year.
Galloway is as much or more of a Bama hater than a OSU shill. Palmer also lets his Bama hate leak out occasionally. And it's explainable. Galloway's last college game was a loss to Bama in the Citrus Bowl. Likewise, Palmer alternated with Doug Johnson in the 1999 season and lost to Bama twice. Bama broke UF's 31 game home win streak during the season, then mudholed them in the SECC game. Palmer threw a pick 6 in the game.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I don’t have a problem with Greg trying not to seem bias, but just tell the truth. Stand up for what you believe. If proven wrong be man enough to admit It. Joining the agenda has got to leave a sour taste in his mouth. I know that’s not how the game is played, but he has had his foot in the door long enough to hold to his convictions.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
with regards to the committee. Seems like they just had 2 criteria this year.

Record
Margin of defeat

it’s the only way to explain why USCw drops 3 and TCU stays the same for basically losing to the same team.

it explains Bama over UT and USCw
It explains TCU over tOSU

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I still remember Greg's first year as a broadcaster. He was calling an Alabama game and said "we need to (I forget that part)" After they came back from commercial he changed how he talked about Alabama. I think a boss or somebody else said something to him. The annoying part is Lou Holthz was on that broadcast and I wouldn't put it past ole granny holthz to be the one to lecture him.
And was he foaming the corners of his mouth with "noter dame"?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don’t know Rece ticked me off pretty good towing the Bama is out line for 3 weeks while playing mental gymnastics about how tOSU was definitively better!
He ticked you off because he said what he believed to be true? Should he lie to try and get Alabama in?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.