ESPN's influence in the BCS Championship matchup

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
For a while many people believed ESPN had too much influence in college sports, particularly college football. I am not saying they do or do not, I just thought of a something in the event this is true. ESPN is televising the Championship game. From a ratings standpoint, I would think they would want the best possible matchup. Even among the “non-rematch” crowd, most believe the best match up is AL/LSU. I would think ESPN has done their research and they know what will bring the most viewers (too much money at stake not to). If ESPN does have this kind of influence, this is one case where it could work in our favor.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I don't think it really matters who plays in that game in terms of ratings. People are going to watch the championship game.
yes, but everyone will also turn it off when LSU is up by 20 mid-way through the 3rd quarter and just pounding them into submission against anybody but BAMA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.