ESPN’s “Ranking College Football Bowl Games”

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

I was surprised to see ESPN actually rate the Bama vs Michigan game higher than most of the other dud bowl games they have this year. However, they got the Cotton and Rose Bowl games wrong; they are not even close to being better than Bama vs Michigan. The pre-determined selection criteria is a large contributor to killing fan interest in Bowl games...most of the Bowl games are just simply not interesting and hard to watch.

4. Cotton Bowl;
Penn State vs. Memphis
3. Rose Bowl;Oregon vs. Wisconsin

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Remember that the Rose Bowl will have great ratings because it has a time slot all to itself on January 1st. Same with the Sugar Bowl that night.

The Citrus has to split viewers with the Outback, which is why they chose Alabama/Michigan. They needed a great match-up or they would lose viewers. Both of those games are on ESPN/ABC, so they don't care, but the Bowl does.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I am just glad that we didn't end up in the Cotton or Orange Bowl. It will be interesting to see if everyone plays. I was happy to see that Jeudy said he would be playing...

Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Remember that the Rose Bowl will have great ratings because it has a time slot all to itself on January 1st. Same with the Sugar Bowl that night.
It will have great ratings because Wisconsin something something and fans stuck in the 1970s.
And Oregon something something fans stuck in the 1950s.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am just glad that we didn't end up in the Cotton or Orange Bowl. It will be interesting to see if everyone plays. I was happy to see that Jeudy said he would be playing...
Why? Us Dallas folks could actually go this time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If you're a veteran, you can get FREE tickets to the Armed Forces Bowl - up to 4 per person.

I've done it for years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.