Excited about the Future, but We'll Need Some Patience!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Based on below:
In Coach Oats system players are interchangeable no matter the position. A 1 should be able to play a 2, 3 a 2 or 4, 4 a 3 or 5. We are just missing a couple of pieces on the inside.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'm still drinking the coolaid and eating the Oats. The effort being given alone proves we are going in the right direction with the right coach.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm still drinking the coolaid and eating the Oats. The effort being given alone proves we are going in the right direction with the right coach.
Yes, the effort has been there, but part of the brillance of this scheme is it's FUN for the players. Passing the ball, turning down open shots, waiting until the shot clock expires in the previous administration was no only hard to watch but that's not fun basketball for the players.

I had 4 different coaches during my 4 years in HS. The year that I enjoyed the most, even though we really didn't have the type of athletic players to run the system, was the year and coach who said we are going to get out and run and play transition basketball.

So, I think Oat's scheme will get more ordinary effort from the players because who doesn't like to run and shoot in hoops???

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
True but I checked Fairfield has only 2 wins this year. BTW Friday will be interesting match up with SFA.
That should be a good game, SFA definitely gels as a team. Hopefully all of this challenge early on will bode well for us come conference time.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
When we did admit MO, they did have a strong Basketball program. I think they are struggling right now in both Basketball and Football and maybe the athletic program overall.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
When we did admit MO, they did have a strong Basketball program. I think they are struggling right now in both Basketball and Football and maybe the athletic program overall.
I think its overall with all their sports programs ,baseball has slid some along with softball and gymnastics if memory serves correctly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.