Fall Camp Catchall (practices, scrimmages, injuries)

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I sincerely hope you're right about improvement.

To me, the issue isn't so much the drops in the one scrimmage....that can happen. It was more the fact that the drops are a continuation of a problem that's been an issue since at least December of 2021.
As far as the WRs go, it's mostly been Jo Jo. He had 4 in the Championship game, and 3 in the A-Day game.

Reactions: Con

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I sincerely hope you're right about improvement.

To me, the issue isn't so much the drops in the one scrimmage....that can happen. It was more the fact that the drops are a continuation of a problem that's been an issue since at least December of 2021.
I always found when a team (any team) that had receivers with a case of the dropsie's to be very confusing. Maybe its a mental thing like FG kicking. I can't catch worth a crap. I have one good eye and one bad eye, so my depth perception is all sorts of messed up. But to me it's strange that receivers who have spent years practicing and playing to catch the football would struggle with that part of the game. especially with them being wide open. But then you see something like jacory brookes catching the ball In JHS over the shoulder with the game on the line.

Reactions: seebell

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder if it's more with Young throwing the ball a certain way or releasing the ball little earlier than anticpated and Receivers are not in tune? But I wouldn't worry about the drops... I know it's been an issue since last year.. but I think Brooks will redeem himself this saturday and I think we'll see better play. 1st practice is always spot to see where they are as a team and how to correct it. So, if they continue to drop the balls, then we may see young people stepping up.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Usually when a receiver (or any player for that matter) drops a ball, it is because of lack of concentration. This happens because the guys ae thinking about their next move to break free for the big gain. As we all know, CATCH the ball FIRST, then you can do what you are going to do with it afterwards.. :cool:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I wonder if it's more with Young throwing the ball a certain way or releasing the ball little earlier than anticpated and Receivers are not in tune? But I wouldn't worry about the drops... I know it's been an issue since last year.. but I think Brooks will redeem himself this saturday and I think we'll see better play. 1st practice is always spot to see where they are as a team and how to correct it. So, if they continue to drop the balls, then we may see young people stepping up.
Bryce can throw a bullet. I think the WRs will be fine. There's always an occasional drop, but don't think it'll be an issue. Even Smitty dropped one or two.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We're not the only ones who lose starters during camp. Texas lost two key players to their offense for the season.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
We're not the only ones who lose starters during camp. Texas lost two key players to their offense for the season.

I can hear it now! "If Angilau and Neyor hadn't been hurt..."!

XTS2

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 11, 2020
Anyone see Jordan Battle was carted off with a ankle today? Carted off isn’t good.

saw it on another site but it got deleted almost immediately

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Anyone see Jordan Battle was carted off with a ankle today? Carted off isn’t good.

saw it on another site but it got deleted almost immediately
BOL shut down thread on their site as rumor. Saban addressed the media and did not say anything about it. He did updated other injuries. Maybe just a cramp or minor issue.

XTS2

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 11, 2020
BOL shut down thread on their site as rumor. Saban addressed the media and did not say anything about it. He did updated other injuries. Maybe just a cramp or minor issue.
What time was the Saban presser and what time was the practice today?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
That thread isn’t shut down on BOL. It was just started 10 min ago. First I’ve heard of the injury. Hope it isn’t true. Lots of injuries so far. I hope it’s not another year of excessive injuries, especially season ending.

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
It doesn't make any sense that he would get injured and then Saban would not say anything about Battle getting injured when giving the injury update. And before anyone says, "maybe he is just waiting on the MRI". I have heard Saban say "So and so is getting an MRI we are going to have to wait for the results" Like 8 million times.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
It doesn't make any sense that he would get injured and then Saban would not say anything about Battle getting injured when giving the injury update. And before anyone says, "maybe he is just waiting on the MRI". I have heard Saban say "So and so is getting an MRI we are going to have to wait for the results" Like 8 million times.

True, about what you said. But sometimes he doesn't mention injuries about a player unless someone asks specifically about that player. I guess we will know in the next few days either way. I did read that he was going to have an MRI last night or this morning. If he is hurt, I sure hope he can recover quickly and start playing by SEC play, if not sooner. September schedule looks fairly easy except for at Texas.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.