Question: Fall Camp: Which new players will make an impact?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't think he's been mentioned but I hope Hoover’s Will Reichard either takes over the placekicking role or he pushes Bulovas to get a lot more consistent/dependable.

I think if either develops into a dependable kicker in just making the ones most kickers make then it'll be a HUGE boost to our offense and maybe take some pressure off the offense in the red zone. I actually think that factored into our play-calling last year in the red zone.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Has anyone heard how Jalyn Armour-Davis is doing in terms of his recovery? I know this time last year the staff was very high in him prior to suffering a knee injury in early September.
He’s running with the second team at corner. Had a good summer and is doing well in camp so far

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
god bless em but we still have 4 'ones' on campus now, would love to see metchie but is there a possibility he redshirts? we are loaded at WR.
I think we will have at least a 6-man rotation at WR and I think Metchie will be part of that. I actually think we may see 8 WR's play this year including Shavers, Metchie, Bolden and Williams. Metchie may only play in 4 games and still redshirt but I think he is too talented to play in just 4 games since most of our games are going to be routes in the 2nd half.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Absolutely could be a freshman at LG. I'm just speculating that Dickerson might lend an interesting dynamic to the group. He's undeniably experienced. If he can just keep from getting hurt....
There's a logjam of good players at OG right now for sure. 3 guys who have been starters either here or elsewhere (Dickerson, who was good enough to start as a TF), Ekiyor (who Saban put a lot of praise on through spring), and Neil, one of our highest ever rated OL. The questions for neil are #1) how quickly does he get the playbook (through Saban's tenure there have only been a few TF OL starters) and: #2) is his longer term position to take over at OT after wills/leatherwood, and if so does he have the versatility to play inside now or would it be better for him to take the #2 reps at OT. Some guys like leatherwood are versatile enough to play across the OL, but not all are.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Whoever makes the move at OG, will they be able to hold off D. Brown once his suspension is completed?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.