Favorite Sandwich

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I love a great sandwich and thank you Jesus for allowing me to sample so many of them. Besides Burgers, BBQ, Brats & Dogs what sandwiches tickle your taste buds.

Pastrami on seeded rye - sliced deli thin and piled high with horseradish mayo on both sides and a polish dill spear.

Classic Ruben - corned beef sliced deli thin and piled high, swiss cheese, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing. Butter the bread and grill till the cheese is melted and bread is toasted on both sides, add a dill pickle.

Shrimp, Oyster or Fish Po-Boy - 12" fresh French bread split lengthwise, remove some of the bread to form a trench on both sides. Load with oysters (or other) spoon a good amount of tarter sauce over all, top with shredded lettuce, thin slices of tomato, thin ringlets of red onion and dill pickles.

My Special - Onion roll sliced through the middle, horseradish mayo both sides, thin deli sliced pepperoni, pastrami, pepper jack cheese, peppered ham, capicola, sun dried tomato roast chicken breast. Wrap in foil and bake till cheese melts, open foil add shredded lettuce, tomato, onion ringlets and olive slices. Serve with bread and butter pickles.

BLT on toast add fried egg

I could live off these but do any of you have any favorite concoctions to share.

Absolute favorite is a muffaletta. There's a little poboy shop here in Mobile that makes the best one I've had outside of New Orleans.

A close second place is a Cuban. But its really hard to get real Cuban bread up here, and putting the toppings on white bread just doesnt cut it. I'm gonna have to go back to Tampa soon.

Oh and as I am typing this, I am about 6 hours away from my Monday Am tradition. A Texas Bacon Cheesesteak from Waffle House on my way to 5 am inventory at work. I love those things

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
For me, a good grilled cheese sandwich is hard to beat, for it's simplicity (butter some bread, put on some cheese of your choosing, heat on both sides until cheese melts).

A Reuben ain't half bad either.

All this sandwich talk right before lunch, I'm hungry all of a sudden.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
It's just hard to beat a fresh homegrown tomato sandwich in the summertime with mayo and salt and pepper on white bread. I don't know that it can get any better than that.
We grew some amazing heirloom tomatoes in our garden that made a good sandwich great. I remember my dad eating raw onion and mustard sandwiches but that didn't sound good enough to even try. I guess everyone has had banana and mayo or banana and peanut butter, my cousin liked pineapple, american cheese and lettuce on white bread with mayo and that was an awesome sandwich when we were kids. A good BLT is hard to beat and as I traveled through the northeast I tried all the liverworst, Braunschweiger, pressed tongue, German bologna and a few other nasty sandwich delights of that area.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Roast beef on Weck with horseradish... But you can only get good ones in Buffalo. A good pulled pork sandwich, with good coleslaw right on the sandwich. Nothing beats a good smoked beef brisquet sandwich. A 30 dollar club sandwich from a fancy hotels room service at 1am (everything tastes better at 1am). Pineapple sandwich.. Tomato sandwich. Bacon egg and cheese on a bagel. BLT. Fried egg sandwich. Italian sausage cooked in beer with onions and peppers.

BigCountry

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2006
New Hope, Alabama
Bayou, I'm with you on the Pastrami, but 86 the seeded rye, "no seed is good rye indeed".

One of my favorites is the Torta al Pastor from my favorite taco truck here in Huntsville. The bread is kinda like a Cuban, loaded with sweet and spicy marinated pork, onions, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayo, salt and pepper with a heaping side of pickled jalapenos, carrots, and onions.

I

It's On A Slab

• Peanut butter and banana on good whole grain bread. And don't EVEN try to put mayo on that.
  • A good Cuban. I do ok with mine. Thinly sliced pork roast, thinly sliced pastrami, thinly sliced ham, provolone, a good strong mustard and a little mayo and pickle on a hoagie bun. Though, I agree, the Cuban bread can't be beat.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
They don't rank up there with my favorites but I do appreciate a good breakfast sandwich.
Sausage and biscuit
Sausage, egg and biscuit
Bacon and biscuit
Bacon, egg and biscuit
Ham and biscuit
Ham, egg and biscuit with cheese, this is the only one I like cheese on and only sometimes ain't that weird?
Just egg and biscuit
Any of the above on toast or wrapped in a flour tortilla, egg can be scrambled or fried. It's great to pack a few of these before going out on an early fishing trip with a thermos of coffee and they make a good late night snack.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.