TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reactions: seebell

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
It could be interesting, I saw a blurb where the Bern's team was criticizing their coverage in the media, singled out msnbc.
I read another article that talked about the inundation of commercials and print ads that the Bloomberg media machine is about to unleash in key Super Tuesday states. The gist of the article was that if they wanted to stop Bloomberg from getting the nomination, they better do it soon. It will be interesting to see if the rest are in attack mode...

Reactions: Bazza

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Runs from 9-11pm ET

Current polls show:
Sanders 27 percent among Democratic primary voters, Joe Biden at 15 percent, Michael Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren at 14 percent, Pete Buttigieg at 13 percent and Amy Klobuchar at 7 percent.

Will be interesting with Bloomberg on the stage tonight.....🍿🥤🍕

Because of the EC, nation wide polls can be not too useful. The ones most useful are for the 'battleground' states that individually pit Trump against each Dem challenger. It appears that Biden, by a small margin, is still doing best.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Because of the EC, nation wide polls can be not too useful. The ones most useful are for the 'battleground' states that individually pit Trump against each Dem challenger. It appears that Biden, by a small margin, is still doing best.
Those numbers came straight from the article - the middle one I linked - NBC News.

I understand what you are saying though.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’ll have to record it and watch tomorrow. I have choir and workout scheduled tonight but I’m expecting fireworks at this debate. I’m hoping for fisticuffs and name calling. If a brawl breaks out, Pete should be able to hold his own against three old men and two women.:p:devilish:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I doubt that I will watch. Moderators don't make the candidates answer questions, so we only get spin. I'll read the recaps afterward for the highlights.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I doubt that I will watch. Moderators don't make the candidates answer questions, so we only get spin. I'll read the recaps afterward for the highlights.
Hmmm.....OK.

My 2 cents:

Some (or maybe I should say many) of the questions are ridiculous. Many are meant more to spark dissent between candidates, if that's the right word. Other questions are meant to try and twist reality to match with some kind of narrative.

Go back to the last debate and the question asked of Pete about his record in South Bend on African American arrests. Charmin did a good job in that thread pointing out what a disingenuous question it was.

I think these debates do serve a purpose but the town hall meetings maybe do more for many of us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think these debates do serve a purpose but the town hall meetings maybe do more for many of us.
I agree - I much prefer the Town Halls - real questions from real voters. Each candidate has a "plant", but most of the topics are legit.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I agree - I much prefer the Town Halls - real questions from real voters. Each candidate has a "plant", but most of the topics are legit.
All the questions at these Town Halls are required to be reviewed first, you know. They are known ahead of time. I don't know anything other than that but it's a bit of a scam to the public, IMHO. :D

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
All the questions at these Town Halls are required to be reviewed first, you know. They are known ahead of time. I don't know anything other than that but it's a bit of a scam to the public, IMHO. :D
Yes, but that is mostly to keep people from attacking a candidate with a "pretend" question. Some states give the questions to the candidates ahead of time (after they are screened), and some do not (or so they say).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Really this was going to be one that I was planning on skipping, but Bloomberg may provide some laughs tonight at the expense of the whiners. Or he can show us how crazy or dumb he can be by trading policies for insults.

Either way I’m not expecting anything we haven’t heard before but it could be mildly entertaining

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.