Fifty Two Head Coaches in the SEC since Coach Saban arrived.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Since Coach Saban came to Alabama these are the number of Head Coaches each SEC member has had: SIX - Arkansas, Tennessee. FIVE - Mississippi, Vanderbilt. FOUR - Auburn, Florida, Miss St, Texas A&M. THREE - Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina. TWO - Georgia, LSU. Coach is now the Dean of the SEC after the talking heads saying he would be gone by year five.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think the really weird part is the fact the guy who got fired from Ole Miss in Saban's first year at UA won a national title at LSU two seasons ago and is awaiting the Mafia ride carting him out.

Also...the two teams with six head coaches are a combined 0-28 against CNS.

And with the sole exception of the program Saban lodged into place and built into a power, the teams with THREE or fewer coaches are the teams that play us the least.

Those last two facts alone are proof this guy has broken the SEC into pieces.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
That number goes up a lot if you include interim coaches. I listed it out in a thread here back in the spring, before the most recent carousel, and it's astounding when you actually see the names listed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This begs the question, if everyone knows he's the GOAT, why not just accept a loss to Bama isn't a reason to change coaches?

Of course, the answer to this is very often losing to Bama turns into losing another game or two you probably should have won because the toll of losing to Bama is usually worse than other losses.

Probably explains why teams in the SEC that don't play us as often have had the fewest changes.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This begs the question, if everyone knows he's the GOAT, why not just accept a loss to Bama isn't a reason to change coaches?

Of course, the answer to this is very often losing to Bama turns into losing another game or two you probably should have won because the toll of losing to Bama is usually worse than other losses.

Probably explains why teams in the SEC that don't play us as often have had the fewest changes.
Yes, even when a team manages to defeat us, it seems that they put so much into beating us that they often lose another game or two in the weeks that follow. Of course, as we have mentioned here before, the coaches always get huge bumps in salary.
It really has been a fantastic and fun fourteen years. Roll Tide!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: BamaMoon

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Logic is to LSU as:
a) kryptonite to Superman
b) common sense to a Congressional debate
c) a knife to a gunfight
d) new and improved to good consumer ethics in the first place

Arkansas, well, their problem was Bobby Petrino was too cheap to pay for a side car for Batgirl to ride with him. If he doesn't mimic Evil Knievel (look him young folks), Arky probably has a Top 10 or 15 team in 2012, and the whole everything is different. Granted, Petrino would still be gone, probably to the NFL to ruin Jacksonville or somebody. But that crash alone probably caused them to have 3 different ones so quickly, too.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Because of their dominance, I feel that even though Bama is in the SEC they are not in the SEC, if you know what I mean. IOW Bama feels more like an independent than an SEC team.

Reactions: Con

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Since Coach Saban came to Alabama these are the number of Head Coaches each SEC member has had: SIX - Arkansas, Tennessee. FIVE - Mississippi, Vanderbilt. FOUR - Auburn, Florida, Miss St, Texas A&M. THREE - Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina. TWO - Georgia, LSU. Coach is now the Dean of the SEC after the talking heads saying he would be gone by year five.
When CNS was hired I thought, if he is as good as advertised, he will win a NC as early as 2010 and bolt for a return trip to the NFL. Which proves I am as smart as the talking heads, right?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think the really weird part is the fact the guy who got fired from Ole Miss in Saban's first year at UA won a national title at LSU two seasons ago and is awaiting the Mafia ride carting him out.

Also...the two teams with six head coaches are a combined 0-28 against CNS.

And with the sole exception of the program Saban lodged into place and built into a power, the teams with THREE or fewer coaches are the teams that play us the least.

Those last two facts alone are proof this guy has broken the SEC into pieces.
I tried to tell ‘em when we hired him

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
So much processing, so little time......

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.