3. Washington
4. Wisconsin

Oklahoma gets left out because 2-loss Wisconsin beats a top 10 team in a CCG

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
if mich beats Ohio St and then loses to Wisc. Wisc will get in and I think Ala Clemson and wash will be the other team. If Ohio St beats Mich Penn St will win that division. Depending on how the other games go Ohio St may be left out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have 2 B1G teams in - OSU and the winner of the B1GCG. I also have Alabama and Clemson in.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Terms we constantly hear:

Eye test

Most deserving

Body of work - I'll say this... this to me would mean who we played and what they were ranked when we played them.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Been pondering this all weekend and I'm still not sure I get the thinking, no Penn, no Wisconsin and no Florida on the list.

If Penn or Wisconsin wins the B1G I see no way you can justify the Buckeyes or the Wolverines taking their place in the playoffs. The get out would seem to be that they replace another 2 loss conference Champion, why? If they can't get past a 2 loss champion in their own conference why should they get past a 2/1 loss champion of another conference?

Likewise with Bama, I believe we can afford to lose the ironbowl and still make the playoffs, but if we were to lose to Florida how could our inclusion in the playoffs be justified if the Gators were not there too.

The only reason the Buckeyes, The Wolverines and even ourselves would get in without winning our conferences would be on the strength of our names alone (and thats just not right), the play-offs start with the conference championship games, or rather they should.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The goal should be the 4 best teams, not the 4 best conference champions. I have no patience for people who think otherwise. They are about "fairness" in this "everyone gets a trophy" era. Sports definitely isn't fair. The strongest win. The best win. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Want to win, improve.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Penn State B1G champion. 11-2
Alabama SEC champion. 13-0
Washington Pac 12 champion. 12-1
Clemson ACC champion. 12-1

I don't know how they could put Ohio State ahead of Penn State when Penn State beat them on the field. The same argument against Oklahoma since Penn State beat Ohio State and Oklahoma did not.

If someone stumbles, like Washington, then I don't see how they could put Oklahoma a 10-2 Oklahoma in over a 10-2 Ohio State since Ohio State beat Oklahoma on the field.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Penn State B1G champion. 11-2
Alabama SEC champion. 13-0
Washington Pac 12 champion. 12-1
Clemson ACC champion. 12-1

I don't know how they could put Ohio State ahead of Penn State when Penn State beat them on the field. The same argument against Oklahoma since Penn State beat Ohio State and Oklahoma did not.

I someone stumbles, like Washington, then I don't see how they could put Oklahoma a 10-2 Oklahoma in over a 10-2 Ohio State since Ohio State beat Oklahoma on the field.
May not like or agree with it but UM/tOSU is a play in game period.

And I know they say it doesn't matter but it does....

Committee looking at 2 loss teams and you have Colorado or Penn St. I know who everyone is circling right now.

Only USCw has a shot to go head to head in chances vs. the Big 10 championship game winner PSU or Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
The goal should be the 4 best teams, not the 4 best conference champions. I have no patience for people who think otherwise. They are about "fairness" in this "everyone gets a trophy" era. Sports definitely isn't fair. The strongest win. The best win. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Want to win, improve.
The last thing I am for is participation trophies, I have seen the B1G referred to as this years best conference yet it could well be fought out between Wisconsin and Penn.

Are either of those 2 sides clearly stronger than, Washington, Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida?

Ohio State is easily the best B1G team I have watched this year yet they lost to Penn State who are amongst the poorest 2 loss teams I have seen.

If losing to division and conference rivals means nothing why keep score?

The Spartons can do everyone a favour and beat Penn allowing your Buckeyes to improve the playoffs, but if they can't then you have no-one to blame but yourselves - I watched that game live and you lost to a team you were at least 3 touchdowns better than, I appreciate I'm new to College football but that doesn't sound like a qualification for being a strongest team to me.

Likewise if Florida were to beat Bama, Bama may be better, but Sport isn't fair and being better doesn't matter, winning does.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The last thing I am for is participation trophies, I have seen the B1G referred to as this years best conference yet it could well be fought out between Wisconsin and Penn.

Are either of those 2 sides clearly stronger than, Washington, Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida?

Ohio State is easily the best B1G team I have watched this year yet they lost to Penn State who are amongst the poorest 2 loss teams I have seen.

If losing to division and conference rivals means nothing why keep score?

The Spartons can do everyone a favour and beat Penn allowing your Buckeyes to improve the playoffs, but if they can't then you have no-one to blame but yourselves - I watched that game live and you lost to a team you were at least 3 touchdowns better than, I appreciate I'm new to College football but that doesn't sound like a qualification for being a strongest team to me.

Likewise if Florida were to beat Bama, Bama may be better, but Sport isn't fair and being better doesn't matter, winning does.

We just disagree. If Alabama loses in a close game to Florida in the SECCG, Alabama should still go. Alabama is that much better than Florida. If that means that the conference championship games have been invalidated, so be it. Anyone want to tell me that Alabama wasn't more worthy than the other conference champions of playing in the BSCCG in 2011?

The playoffs are about matching up the best teams, not the conference champions. The SEC in particular would never have agreed to this playoff format if winning your conference was a requirement for entry.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Sane prediction:

1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Ohio State (11-1)
3. Clemson (12-1)
4. Wisconsin (11-2)

Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Wisconsin all win out. Wisconsin is the B1G Champion and squeaks in past Big XII Champion Oklahoma. Utah beats Colorado, putting USC into the PAC 12 Championship game against Washington from which the Trojans emerge victorious.

Crazy prediction:

1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Wisconsin (11-2)
3. Oklahoma State (10-2)
4. Michigan (11-2)

Bama and Wisconsin win out. Clemson waltzes a little too confidently into the ACC Championship game and gets upset by Virginia Tech, knocking the ACC out of the CFP. Michigan finds a way to beat Ohio State but loses to Wisconsin in the B1G Championship Game. Washington loses the PAC 12 Championship game to either Colorado or USC. In a karmic twist of fate, Oklahoma State benefits from a controversial, incorrect call from the refs to squeak past Oklahoma and back their way into the CFP. Although the committee won't admit it, they put the Cowboys ahead of the Wolverines in order to avoid having the two B1G entrants play a third game against each other in the semifinals. Spoiler: they don't get that third game in the finals, either.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Wisconsin and Penn State both have legitimate chances of making it -- certainly better than Western Michigan or USC.

USC isn't going to make it with three losses no matter how well they've played recently and Western has literally played nobody. Their most impressive win is a one point win over Northwestern Week 1.

If Penn State wins the B1G they could very easily jump Ohio State -- if Wisconsin wins I could see them getting in if Washington fails to win the Pac-12.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.