FINALLY - someone in "national media" gets it (mostly) right about Brandon Miller (SI had it too and deleted it)...

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
You sound like someone without an agenda - you'd never make it in news media.

:)
So true these days. That's funny because most of my career was with a daily newspaper from the seventies thru the nineties. Times have certainly changed as for as so called "journalism" goes.

With the passing of Cecil Hurt, not many writers with objectivity, common sense, and reasoning exist anymore. Certainly wish he was here now.

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
My concern is that Nate just says “it’s not worth it” and bails
Mine also. But I hope this will just give him confidence, strength, and determination to stand strong and overcome obstacles and storms that basketball and life itself presents. I admire the way he supports his players and has kept the team focused during this difficult time. Thankful he is our coach.

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama

Looks like everything is fine. I guarantee you Saban wasn't "taking a shot" at anyone.
So glad to see Coach did this.

I think he was naturally frustrated with having to deal with one of his much needed players with such promise involved in something like this.

Think he may have regretted afterwards, seeing how some of the words may have sounded.
I applaud him!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Truth be told, CNS gave them no choice.
You have to know that this is a Catch 22 for CNS. Imagine if you will he said, “No comment.” You can see the media reaction correct?

CNS has said this almost since the day he arrived. We all know that one can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I watched a one month baby get killed by a drunk driver.
He has always told his players (and coaches) not to help out with upping the odds unnecessarily by going places, being around people and doing things that everyone knows can go bad.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I just can’t see any controversy here. Saban is talking about a completely different situation. Looks to me like the writer intentionally tried to make it controversial so that people (me included) would read it and talk about it just to keep it going.
Two totally different situations: Miller is the guy who shows up about the time his buddy does something incredibly stupid. This happened in Tuscaloosa on a “routine” night for college aged kids. Mitchell chose to drive to Florida, buy drugs, sell drugs, and do 145mph trying to evade the police. That’s a lot of conscious decision making there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.