Finebaum says Bama not the better team Monday night.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Tell me again why we care what Finebaum or any other talking head says?

This is like when your MIL continually tells you that your wife's previous boyfriend was a better catch than you.

Who &$(-:&;) cares? You got the girl!.....or in this case, the trophy!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Bama was the “better team” in the 2013 iron bowl, 2017 iron bowl, 2009 sugar bowl, 2014 sugar bowl, and probably even the 2017 CFP championship game. Yet we lost all of those games.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I'll never understand why anyone listens to hacks like Finebaum - he'll literally say anything if he thinks it will get callers on the line.

Listening to people like that is akin to pro wrestling - if that's your thing, fine, but I'll never understand it.
This thread has 4 pages. He did what he sought out to do.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I’m probably going to get flamed so hard for daring to defend the man, but I get his point. For the record, he didn’t say that Georgia was the more talented team. He said they were the better team “on Monday night.” Big difference between the two statements. Honestly though, I can’t disagree with him regarding the majority of the game. They dominated the game for the first 3 quarters. We trailed for what, 45-50 minutes? We tied it for the first time since the 1st quarter with what, 3 minutes to go? We took the lead for the first time since 2 minutes in when we won it in OT. For the majority of the game they out gameplanned us and out executed us.

Does that matter? Not one bit. We were the better team when the game was on the line. Our coaching and execution reached the peak of brilliance when we were backed against the wall. Which makes Finebaum’s point largely irrelevant.

Also, I realize it is none of my business what others think or do, but frankly I think this board’s level of outrage over media opinions reaches a severe level of futility. Who cares what the dude with the microphone thinks? He’s just a guy with an opinion, no different than the rest of us. He just happens to sit in front of a camera and poor lighting when he says it.

We just won one of the games of the decade. Yet I’ve still seen so many people butthurt over what Lebatard, or Tebow, or McElroy, or Finebaum, or (insert D list media person here) have said. None of it matters. There’s a reason Saban refers to it as rat poison, and some of y’all seem to be ingesting a lot of it. Just enjoy the moment and stop worrying about what a hack with a microphone thinks.

There, off my soapbox. This isn’t pointed at anyone directly, and no slight is intended. It just puzzles me how bent out of shape I’ve seen people getting over such inconsequential opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I’m probably going to get flamed so hard for daring to defend the man, but I get his point. For the record, he didn’t say that Georgia was the more talented team. He said they were the better team “on Monday night.” Big difference between the two statements. Honestly though, I can’t disagree with him regarding the majority of the game. They dominated the game for the first 3 quarters. We trailed for what, 45-50 minutes? We tied it for the first time since the 1st quarter with what, 3 minutes to go? We took the lead for the first time since 2 minutes in when we won it in OT. For the majority of the game they out gameplanned us and out executed us.

Does that matter? Not one bit. We were the better team when the game was on the line. Our coaching and execution reached the peak of brilliance when we were backed against the wall. Which makes Finebaum’s point largely irrelevant.

Also, I realize it is none of my business what others think or do, but frankly I think this board’s level of outrage over media opinions reaches a severe level of futility. Who cares what the dude with the microphone thinks? He’s just a guy with an opinion, no different than the rest of us. He just happens to sit in front of a camera and poor lighting when he says it.

We just won one of the games of the decade. Yet I’ve still seen so many people butthurt over what Lebatard, or Tebow, or McElroy, or Finebaum, or (insert D list media person here) have said. None of it matters. There’s a reason Saban refers to it as rat poison, and some of y’all seem to be ingesting a lot of it. Just enjoy the moment and stop worrying about what a hack with a microphone thinks.

There, off my soapbox. This isn’t pointed at anyone directly, and no slight is intended. It just puzzles me how bent out of shape I’ve seen people getting over such inconsequential opinions.

You didn't know that righteous indignation was fun? :D You may be missing out... :D

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

When I post what I consider to be stupid articles or video links I don't do it out of outrage. I don't do it out of anger. I do it because it is stupid and/or funny and I can't wait to share it. Yes, I do LOL when someone slips on that banana peel.

Anyway, posters often point out that "you shouldn't be posting about this because they got what they wanted (a click). Well, I GOT WHAT I WANTED TOO. I shared the stupidity so those who have a sense of humor could laugh at it.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You didn't know that righteous indignation was fun? :D You may be missing out... :D
Is that anything like schadenfreude?

Next thing that you know..........................

You will be telling us about "kraft durch freude".

(Just kidding, which is why that is in blue.) (Now everyone is going to have to Google that one.)

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I've heard lots of criticism of PF, but I pretty much thought he has been spot on most issues. Today he said something similar to the following "that he thought Georgia was the better team although Bama had better coaching". I don't think I heard wrong and I have to really wonder what game he was watching Monday. Maybe he was actually tuned in to The Bachelor.
You must not have a history of knowing how Finebaum got famous. He's a master of saying things that he knows will rile people up so that they call in to his show and then he gets to show his bosses and his advertisers how many listeners he has. Same formula now for 25 years or so. Has nothing to do with his actual opinions. Just says things to get to his audience so they keep calling in.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
I've heard lots of criticism of PF, but I pretty much thought he has been spot on most issues. Today he said something similar to the following "that he thought Georgia was the better team although Bama had better coaching". I don't think I heard wrong and I have to really wonder what game he was watching Monday. Maybe he was actually tuned in to The Bachelor.
I think he would be right for the first half and wrong the second half. IMHO they were two very equal teams!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Whether Georgia was the better team is a subjective thing.
The deciding factor is who scored the most points.

Alabama wins another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP...
That's what matters.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Tell me again why we care what Finebaum or any other talking head says?

This is like when your MIL continually tells you that your wife's previous boyfriend was a better catch than you.

Who &$(-:&;) cares? You got the girl!.....or in this case, the trophy!
Yeah, my MIL told my wife "You can do so much better." Heck, I agreed with her. But we all make our own choices. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.