Fisher inks Deal with FSU

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think Texas can wait until January to hire a new coach from FSU or the barn.
I had a few Texas fans in my home yesterday - they are DONE with Brown. I had to try and calm them down after the loss yesterday. They were angry instead of disappointed. They really thought that they were going to beat Baylor. :rolleye2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Smart for Fisher - strike while the iron is hot. But I would have thought that they would offer more than that. That deal isn't going to keep away deep pocketed suitors.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Yeah, Texas fans think that deal really means nothing and that they will offer him. Schools fire coaches on a whim, so I don't see a problem if he still jumps ship.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, Texas fans think that deal really means nothing and that they will offer him. Schools fire coaches on a whim, so I don't see a problem if he still jumps ship.
Funny thing is they discuss and wonder what Saban's buyout is and a lot of them assume it must be huge. You'd think they'd do enough research to learn that he doesn't even have one. They never stop any coach from moving, anyway. They seem to split over whether or not they could outbid Bama. They all seem to feel they can outbid FSU...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Funny thing is they discuss and wonder what Saban's buyout is and a lot of them assume it must be huge. You'd think they'd do enough research to learn that he doesn't even have one. They never stop any coach from moving, anyway. They seem to split over whether or not they could outbid Bama. They all seem to feel they can outbid FSU...
Their arrogance is off the charts.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
I think Mack is gone and there are millions of "shorthorn" fans willing to help him move.
I agree. With Saban and Fisher both signing new deals, I think the "I'm tickled to be Auburn's head coach" guy gets a hard look from Texas, and will go if offered. I don't think money is all the barn has to worry about here either, job security will be too. They fired a guy two years removed from a BCSNC, Malzhan knows this well. Mack Brown has been at UT forever, good and bad. That will play well for the next guy.

Roll Tide

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think Mack is gone and there are millions of "shorthorn" fans willing to help him move.
I think we will know by the end of the week. It just seems that to many hot targets have been locked up for lack of a better term unless they go after NFL coach.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
One name I keep hearing is Jim Mora, Jr. and I still think Fisher is in play. The reason I think Fisher is in play is that there may be fallout from the investigation that continues to nag him and the University.

It's unclear to me who Texas would hire at this point if Mack is gone, which makes me think he isn't.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's unclear to me who Texas would hire at this point if Mack is gone, which makes me think he isn't.
The fans' guesses are all over the map. However, what they'll settle for keeps going down. Some would even take Sumlin, although a lot frankly say that their "old fat" white, big money guys are too racist to tolerate a black HC...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I agree. With Saban and Fisher both signing new deals, I think the "I'm tickled to be Auburn's head coach" guy gets a hard look from Texas, and will go if offered. I don't think money is all the barn has to worry about here either, job security will be too. They fired a guy two years removed from a BCSNC, Malzhan knows this well. Mack Brown has been at UT forever, good and bad. That will play well for the next guy.

Roll Tide
Do you think TX will wait until after the BCS game to offer?

i would really like for you to be correct but don't forget API is a cult & I don't see the cult leader leaving after the championship game unless the NFL came calling.

im not a Mack fan at all but TX really put themselves in a Box by not already firing Brown, so really who is left for them to lure?
no offense meant just asking.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Sorry, I made an edit to my previous post and the whole thing turned Japanese.

Ok here goes again...I maybe 180 degrees out, but I don't think Malzhan is an Auburn man. I think Pat Dye was the last head coach to fill that billet. Malzhan also knows that the barn will fire a coach two years from a BCSNC, so winning one doesn't guarantee anything there. With Saban and Fisher both signing new deals to stay where they are, Malzhan will get a very hard look from UT and I think he would take the job if offered. The money won't be the riding factor here either, it will be job security for Malzhan. He knows Mack Brown has been there forever though good/bad and UT has stuck with him...till now. But, that was a long run for Brown and lets Malzhan know he could retire there. Plus, if you believe the internet chatter...meh, its Malzhan's dream job. I guess we'll know soon enough, the barn has to do something quickly to keep him (don't think they do), and UT has to do something quickly to get him. (if I were a betting man, calls have already been made)...

p.s. I don't think much will be said by Texas or Malzhan till after the BCSNC...then its on like Donkey Kong.:)

Last edited:

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
fsu doesn't have the strongest financials in their AD.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
correct me if i am wrong but i seem to remember a coach signing an extension and then a month or so later leaving. I cannot remember which team or who but that sounds vaguely familiar.

my guess is Arizona States coach who changes jobs every year.

edit: it was Petrino who signed an extension with Louisville and then went to the Falcons.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.