Five Worst Coaches to win a National Championship

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I agree with this list. it's kinda crazy that Les Miles would probably have at least one more, if not for Saban, and maybe 2 more, because we took so many good Louisiana players from him. But of course, we all know who built that program up for him.
To be fair, Les got his BECAUSE of Saban leaving him with a full cupboard...😎

• Thank You
Reactions: TexasBama

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
To be fair, Les got his BECAUSE of Saban leaving him with a full cupboard...😎
I agree. I just meant if Saban had stayed with the Dolphins, then we might look at Les in a completely different light. Had Drew Brees not failed a physical, then Saban might be an NFL legend.

Reactions: B1GTide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
What am I forgetting besides the cheating (paying players)? He was a bit before my time when he was at Oklahoma.
Tolerating players’ gunplay with fully automatic weapons. Multiple instances of marital infidelity— with wives of assistants and friends. Fomenting that culture within the program.

Has a lot in common with Rush Propst — a slimeball of a human being who is an undeniably good football coach.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Tolerating players’ gunplay with fully automatic weapons. Multiple instances of marital infidelity— with wives of assistants and friends. Fomenting that culture within the program.

Has a lot in common with Rush Propst — a slimeball of a human being who is an undeniably good football coach.
Whoa... I had no idea!

I do remember something about guns being one of the last straws with the Cowboys. I did not know that kind of thing was going on at Oklahoma.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Disclaimer- I'm not defending Jimbo. But when has TAMU ever done anything with all those resources? They're kind of like Auburn. Occasional 10-win team with a lot of 7-5/8-4 mixed in there. They're historically second behind Texas as a program that does the least with the most. I didn't expect Jimbo to win a national title there. That's two mediocre players finding one another and hoping for the best. The result has been about what I expected it to be.

Latest threads