Question: Flip the “who’s leaving” question: Who will take advantage of the 2020 eligibility rule?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
We always get the “who’s leaving” thread & and I am sure someone will post one soon. Let’s flip that around to who will take advantage of the 2020 eligibility rules and return for an additional season in 2021 to either up their draft stock, get another year of paid education or just because they want to hang around college one more year?

My best guesses would be
Charlie Scott
Ben Davis
Miller Forristall
Josh McMillon
Chris Owens
Thomas Fletcher

Reactions: aerospace_ray

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We always get the “who’s leaving” thread & and I am sure someone will post one soon. Let’s flip that around to who will take advantage of the 2020 eligibility rules and return for an additional season in 2021 to either up their draft stock, get another year of paid education or just because they want to hang around college one more year?

My best guesses would be
Charlie Scott
Ben Davis
Miller Forristall
Josh McMillon
Chris Owens
Thomas Fletcher
I would think that this decision would be based on whether they need another degree, i.e., masters, that will benefit them going forward. Other than maybe Chris Owens and/or Thomas Fletcher I cannot see pro football in any of these fine young men's future. The game ends for all sooner or later...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I doubt McMillon comes back, he's already a 6th year SR. I think BRob might come back, he'd be the feature back next year. I think Ben Davis has done everything he can and will most likely move on. Forristall maybe, hard to say though. Owens is a good guess IMO.

Reactions: Padreruf

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There's also a numbers factor to this and I have no idea what the numbers actually are, but this will be a major factor. Some guys will have to go whether they like it or not basically (though they can transfer).

Having said that, I like to see Ben Davis on the field and I think I saw him make a one handed tackle last night.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
There's also a numbers factor to this and I have no idea what the numbers actually are, but this will be a major factor. Some guys will have to go whether they like it or not basically (though they can transfer).

Having said that, I like to see Ben Davis on the field and I think I saw him make a one handed tackle last night.
SEC commissioner said last night there is no impact on the numbers in 2021 for anyone taking advantage of the additional year. NCAA has yet to determine if the “extra year of eligibility“ granted will impact numbers past 2021 but the commissioners are lobbying for the NCAA to “do the right thing” with years past 2021 until this group is out.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
SEC commissioner said last night there is no impact on the numbers in 2021 for anyone taking advantage of the additional year. NCAA has yet to determine if the “extra year of eligibility“ granted will impact numbers past 2021 but the commissioners are lobbying for the NCAA to “do the right thing” with years past 2021 until this group is out.
Heh, heh. You wrote "Do the right thing" and "NCAA" in the same sentence.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Barmore is a redshirt sophomore, so it’s his third year out of HS, and he’s eligible for the draft, should he want to go.

It’ll be interesting to watch that decision play out.

Earlier in the season, he was more of a situational player (passing downs), and I thought he would create value by coming back.

But he’s been a terror the last 4 games, and a strong 3-down player. I‘m no longer so sure another year would help his NFL prospects.

Would love to have him back, but he might be gone.

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Barmore is a redshirt sophomore, so it’s his third year out of HS, and eligible for the draft, should he want to go.

Earlier in the season, he was more of a situational player (passing downs), and I thought he would create value by coming back.

But he’s been a terror the last 4 games, and a strong 3-down player. I‘m no longer so sure another year would help his NFL prospects.

The draft grades may have been written before some of his best games (in the CFP). They only have a week to decide.

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States

My best guesses would be
Charlie Scott
Ben Davis
Miller Forristall
Josh McMillon
Chris Owens
Thomas Fletcher
I could see all of these returning, except maybe McMillon. It would be his 7th year, and doesn't he already have his Masters? He looked like he was having fun at fullback last night, so he may want one more run at it. I think BRob would be well served to return and split time with Sanders. Somebody mentioned Daniel Wright, but he is only a RS Junior. He's not read to go pro, so he should be back. Same deal with Ray. He probably needs to show he can stay healthy for a full season. He'd be a late round selection if he left, but he may take the chance.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Barmore is a redshirt sophomore, so it’s his third year out of HS, and he’s eligible for the draft, should he want to go.

I'd almost guarantee Barmore is gone. He's made a lot of money for himself the last few games, and is all but assured to be a first round pick.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The players on Bama’s roster listed as seniors or redshirt seniors could take advantage of this next year

Brian Robinson
Devonta Smith
Logan Burnett
Najee Harris
Dylan Moses
Thomas Fletcher
Christian Swann
Alex Leatherwood
Charlie Scott
Carl Tucker
Ben Davis
Joe Donald
Deonte Brown
Landon Dickerson
Chris Owens
Josh Lanier
Drew Kobayashi
Miller Forristall
Josh McMillon

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.