Florida hires Louisiana's Billy Napier as new Head Football Coach

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think he wins at least 9 games his first year.
Utah
KY
USF
@ fifteenessee
Eastern Washington
Mizzou
LSU
UGA
@ 8&4
USCe
@ Vandy
@ FSU

I dunno, that's not an easy schedule. Utah, KY, Fifteenessee, LSU, UGA, 8&4 and possibly USCe and FSU are all tough games for a first year coach who has had to rebuild the entire roster...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Utah
KY
USF
@ fifteenessee
Eastern Washington
Mizzou
LSU
UGA
@ 8&4
USCe
@ Vandy
@ FSU

I dunno, that's not an easy schedule. Utah, KY, Fifteenessee, LSU, UGA, 8&4 and possibly USCe and FSU are all tough games for a first year coach who has had to rebuild the entire roster...
I am including a bowl win

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
So much hype around Napier he better win pretty quickly.
Not sure if I agree about the elevated degree of hype you refer to.

Seems like their was much more with our last hire (Mullen).

If anything - what I see is more emphasis on how much different he is as compared to his predecessors. Especially with regard to building his staff and putting emphasis back into crooting.

As far as how well he does - IMHO it will come down to how our quarterback(s) play - as it always does. Especially injury-prone AR-15.

We'll see.....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Utah
KY
USF
@ fifteenessee
Eastern Washington
Mizzou
LSU
UGA
@ 8&4
USCe
@ Vandy
@ FSU

Even their fcs opponent is a tougher one than most. They are pretty much a playoff regular.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Coach Spurrier:
"I appreciate @coachbnapier allowing me to use my role as an Ambassador at UF to support him and his team during recruiting events at @spurriersgridirongrille

Coach Napier and all his assistant coaches are working incredibly hard and building a great team. Looking forward to see the results on the field! Go Gators."
287299585_534723011727129_919296134552919045_n.jpg

"Bill, send that 5-star QB by the restaurant, I'll get him for ya..."
spuurs.jpg

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Coach Spurrier:
"I appreciate @coachbnapier allowing me to use my role as an Ambassador at UF to support him and his team during recruiting events at @spurriersgridirongrille

Coach Napier and all his assistant coaches are working incredibly hard and building a great team. Looking forward to see the results on the field! Go Gators."
View attachment 25740

"Bill, send that 5-star QB by the restaurant, I'll get him for ya..."
View attachment 25741
Smart. If I had Coach in my hip pocket, I'd use him to help me recruit.

Napier could do quite well. As a Bama fan, I was a lot happier when Mullins was coaching in Gainesville.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Smart. If I had Coach in my hip pocket, I'd use him to help me recruit.

Napier could do quite well. As a Bama fan, I was a lot happier when Mullins was coaching in Gainesville.
Word on the street is Spurs never did like Dan because he thought he was lazy and didn't do the work.
But he REALLY likes Billy because he sees him putting in the time and DOING the work!

Reactions: Con

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Word on the street is Spurs never did like Dan because he thought he was lazy and didn't do the work.
But he REALLY likes Billy because he sees him putting in the time and DOING the work!
That seems to be a common "rumor" about Mullen. There aren't any shortcuts to success, as Coach Saban has been quoted "If you want to be great, you really don't have many options. It takes what it takes"

Last edited:
Reactions: Con and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Wasn't that a knock on Spurrier too, played more golf than work?
Don't remember that, but possible.

Coach Saban is what I call blue collar. Spurrier is too. And Urban. That's why they won/win as much as they did/do.

Mullen - IMHO he was more white collar.

Muschamp was blue collar, but thought way too much like a defensive coach to be good as a head coach.

Mac was a little too white collar for his own good. A shame because I like him and wanted him to succeed. He's in the right place now at Central Michigan.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
As long as a coach wins games....they can play as much golf as they want. And their whinney little critics can go pound sand, as far as I'm concerned!

"Two Gators coaches have led the team to SEC championships: Steve Spurrier won six conference titles while Urban Meyer won two. They also led the Gators to their three national championships; one under Spurrier (in 1996) and two under Meyer (2006 and 2008).

Spurrier is Florida's all-time leader in seasons coached (12), conference wins (87), overall wins (122), and winning percentage for coaches serving for two or more seasons (.817)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida_Gators_head_football_coaches

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.