Florida hires Louisiana's Billy Napier as new Head Football Coach

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Just my opinion, but i think CBN will surprise some folks, maybe not the first year, but sooner than later. again just my opinion.
if the last 10 years of college football have taught us anything, it’s that you have to have talent to be successful. I don’t think people realize how much mullen gutted the program with his lack of recruiting.

Napier is trying extremely hard on the trail, much much harder than mullen did. I am not sure however that the administration department is backing the needs of the football program especially in todays NIL world

Florida is also having a time I believe on the recruiting trail because for these 18 year olds the last time Florida won a conference championship was the same year as their national title and those 18 year olds were 4 years old. Since then: FSU, LSU, Georgia and Alabama have won national titles.

I believe no team has won a national title without a 50% or higher blue chip ratio. Usually it’s over 70%. Florida I believe is around 40% currently, but feel free to fact check that because im not positive

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Just my opinion, but i think CBN will surprise some folks, maybe not the first year, but sooner than later. again just my opinion.
With the sheer amount of talent at Florida's disposal, it boggles the mind, as too why Florida has become a death sentence for HC's..

You could literally recruit instate kids only & should be able too field a team that's stockpiled with talent on par with any team in the country..

Last edited:

T Bone

1st Team
if the last 10 years of college football have taught us anything, it’s that you have to have talent to be successful. I don’t think people realize how much mullen gutted the program with his lack of recruiting.

Napier is trying extremely hard on the trail, much much harder than mullen did. I am not sure however that the administration department is backing the needs of the football program especially in todays NIL world

Florida is also having a time I believe on the recruiting trail because for these 18 year olds the last time Florida won a conference championship was the same year as their national title and those 18 year olds were 4 years old. Since then: FSU, LSU, Georgia and Alabama have won national titles.

I believe no team has won a national title without a 50% or higher blue chip ratio. Usually it’s over 70%. Florida I believe is around 40% currently, but feel free to fact check that because im not positive
lol heck i didnt say a national championship, but i think they will do well. we will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Bazza

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
lol heck i didnt say a national championship, but i think they will do well. we will just have to wait and see.
not being snarky I promise, but what is do well for them? Tennessee and heupel have good momentum. They have to play LSU and Georgia each year, and they are on par in recruiting with Kentucky and South Carolina.

i see Florida going 6-6 floor and 8-4 ceiling this year. In my personal opinion 8-4 is not good for Florida.

tamu
Georgia
LSU

^ I don’t see them winning these

Tennessee
Kentucky
South Carolina
Utah
Missouri

^ i see them splitting these

T Bone

1st Team
not being snarky I promise, but what is do well for them? Tennessee and heupel have good momentum. They have to play LSU and Georgia each year, and they are on par in recruiting with Kentucky and South Carolina.

i see Florida going 6-6 floor and 8-4 ceiling this year. In my personal opinion 8-4 is not good for Florida.

tamu
Georgia
LSU

^ I don’t see them winning these

Tennessee
Kentucky
South Carolina
Utah
Missouri

^ i see them splitting these
gee i dont know, i really didnt think about it THAT much. I think they will be a tough opponent, CBN is a good guy, he will do better than alot of folks.

Reactions: Bazza

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
think he was trying to say sheer

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and TideMan09

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/o0oc4b
its the percentage of a teams 5 and 4 stars vs 3 stars and below.
50%?, nah. The teams that won titles that were close to 50% benefitted from the rinky dink high school offense syndrome. First was Auburn who had Cam, nobody knew how to defend it and the refs weren’t calling penalties against it.

Second was FSU, who benefitted because the RDHO was the only reason Auburn was there to begin with. I think Marshall hit Coats over Cyrus’ head after rolling out and offensive linemen five plus yards downfield. Then the kick six happened. Alabama would’ve throttled Missouri and Florida State.

In conclusion, you need more than 50% of your talent to be elite to win, or you need to be the beneficiary of uncalled penalties.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs and Con

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
think he was trying to say sheer
Yup & I appreciate it..

That's exactly what I meant my friend..I apologize for the mistake & fixed it..
Sorry that was in poor taste - I apologize and deleted my post. @TideMan09 - you were the first member here who accepted my friend request. I'll never forget that. Sorry again - I knew better....

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and TideMan09

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
50%?, nah. The teams that won titles that were close to 50% benefitted from the rinky dink high school offense syndrome. First was Auburn who had Cam, nobody knew how to defend it and the refs weren’t calling penalties against it.

Second was FSU, who benefitted because the RDHO was the only reason Auburn was there to begin with. I think Marshall hit Coats over Cyrus’ head after rolling out and offensive linemen five plus yards downfield. Then the kick six happened. Alabama would’ve throttled Missouri and Florida State.

In conclusion, you need more than 50% of your talent to be elite to win, or you need to be the beneficiary of uncalled penalties.
and that is why I said it needs to be closer to 70%, but at least 60% and the teams at 60% have top tier QBs such as clemson 2018 and LSU 2019

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sorry that was in poor taste - I apologize and deleted my post. @TideMan09 - you were the first member here who accepted my friend request. I'll never forget that. Sorry again - I knew better....
It's all good my friend & no need for apologies brother..

I hate these autocorrect when posting & don't pay attention when it changes words on you..

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Napier is bringing in some players and talent. Not bad at all so far on his recruiting class. Recruiting well in Florida too. Gotta give credit where it’s due. Leaps and bounds better than mullen and mac on the recruiting trail

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Napier is bringing in some players and talent. Not bad at all so far on his recruiting class. Recruiting well in Florida too. Gotta give credit where it’s due. Leaps and bounds better than mullen and mac on the recruiting trail
Indeed, we still have to see how he does as a head coach in the SEC. It was ridiculous when people were on his back earlier when he hadn't even coached a game yet and didn't even let the summer play out recruiting wise. I think it's kind of sad how some fans just expect things to always go right every second of every day.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Amen to this...I am still amazed at how many "fans" have their entire ego dependent upon 18-21 year olds who will never know their name. Enjoy the game...but the game does not determine our sense of self.
It's even worse in recruiting. I have seen fans demand coaches be fired because they didn't get some 16–17-year-old that they "just know" is going to be a star.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama really obscures the blue chip data because of how well Saban recruits (there's also a little bit of a loop where once Saban recruits someone the services take a closer look at the recruit and might move them up). With no Alabama it would make it seem like 50-60% is probably adequate.

What it does demonstrate though is you do need some good recruits to win, it can't all be coaching them up.

Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.