Game Thread: Florida @ LSU (7p CDT ESPN)

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I imagine the success of the LSU offense will help their recruiting on offense even more than usual.

Wonder if Coach O will try to get his 3rd grad transfer at QB next year or go with the ones already on the roster.

It will be a close, nerve racking game Nov 9. Glad it is a home game. The West will be decided that night. I think either team could beat UGA or Florida for the SEC championship if healthy/no more injuries. Hopefully it will be Bama! But this game worries me.

Sorry your team lost, Bazza. I wanted the Gators to win!

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Maybe he will try to get Tua to transfer instead of going pro. LOL
I imagine the success of the LSU offense will help their recruiting on offense even more than usual.

Wonder if Coach O will try to get his 3rd grad transfer at QB next year or go with the ones already on the roster.

It will be a close, nerve racking game Nov 9. Glad it is a home game. The West will be decided that night. I think either team could beat UGA or Florida for the SEC championship if healthy/no more injuries. Hopefully it will be Bama! But this game worries me.

Sorry your team lost, Bazza. I wanted the Gators to win!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Burrow is the one and only QB grad transfer LSU has had. If you are referring to Danny Etling, he was a transfer from Purdue after his sophomore year. Miles got him to transfer in in 2015, and he sat out that year under the transfer rules.

That not withstanding, I doubt we get a grad transfer for next year. I’d love to see JT Daniels come to LSU, but I don’t think he would be eligible for 2020.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Burrow is the one and only QB grad transfer LSU has had. If you are referring to Danny Etling, he was a transfer from Purdue after his sophomore year. Miles got him to transfer in in 2015, and he sat out that year under the transfer rules.

That not withstanding, I doubt we get a grad transfer for next year. I’d love to see JT Daniels come to LSU, but I don’t think he would be eligible for 2020.
Not an actual transfer BUT, for all intents and purposes : Zach Mettenberger says HI !

Last edited by a moderator:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

It is probably still a bit telling that the three best QBs y'all have had over the last decade have been transfers of some variety. Maybe this will change as the offensive strategy has this season but LSU has had a bit of a talent identification problem with the QB position in recruiting. Probably doesn't hurt that Miles spent a decade recruiting QBs who fit the spread but had them running a 1970s Big Ten offense.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
AU has no shot vs this LSU team. LSU's O is better than AU's D and their D is better than AU's O. They have no chance.
I would never say no shot, but say slim to none. Just when you think you have auburn cornered, boom they pull out a miracle, but it will take a miracle for auburn to beat LSU in Baton Rouge.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The crazy thing is that LSU got 500+ yards and 42 points off on 48 snaps. They averaged 14.0 yards/reception, 9.1 yards/rush, and had only 3 incompletions. LSU did this against a Florida defense thought to be the best in the nation. Florida ran 84 plays and still ended up having 54 less yards and 14 less points. LSU has problems on defense much like us but this is still easily the best LSU team overall since 2011. Their offensive efficiency against a quality defensive unit is frankly something we've only really seen from Alabama, Clemson, or Oklahoma over the last half decade. Their offensive line stoned a pass rush that will go cover-0 if necessary to heat up the quarterback; absolutely blew Florida away on run blocks.

Our game against LSU is going to come down to what kind of effect crowd noise can create in our favor and who gets a better than their average defensive performance. Right now I lean Alabama because crowd noise should funnel into our ability to make a few more stops and explosive plays on defense. Usually I have a high degree of confidence entering our matchup because I know we're going to stalemate their offense. This is not the case in 2019. They may very well be the best offense we see even if we go all the way to a national title. Seeing what they did on the ground yesterday has me thinking they're the best offense in the nation.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
It is probably still a bit telling that the three best QBs y'all have had over the last decade have been transfers of some variety. Maybe this will change as the offensive strategy has this season but LSU has had a bit of a talent identification problem with the QB position in recruiting. Probably doesn't hurt that Miles spent a decade recruiting QBs who fit the spread but had them running a 1970s Big Ten offense.
100% fair. Miles and his system was not conducive to developing QBs.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Gus will be pulling plays out his cavernous hind quarters in that one. Junk he normally saves for Bama will make an appearance early.
Well it has never mattered before unless AU had an elite or near-elite team. e.g., 13 & 17. This year, IMO, AU does not have that. Their D is very good, though a tad overrated, their O is bad and it's not just the QB, it's also the all important OL.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I would never say no shot, but say slim to none. Just when you think you have auburn cornered, boom they pull out a miracle, but it will take a miracle for auburn to beat LSU in Baton Rouge.
I agree, genuine absolute prophetic statements are unwise, but IMO, to say AU has no shot vs LSU this year is as close to being true as you can get. When you have the advantages that LSU does and you know they will not overlook AU, it would be a true shocker. LSU's C+ game could beat AU's A game and the likelihood that LSU plays a C+ game or AU an A game in BR is almost nil.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.