JessN: Florida preview: Rematch of ’21 SECCG won’t have as much polish

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Florida preview: Rematch of ’21 SECCG won’t have as much polish
by Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

You could have drafted a pretty good NFL team just using the players from last year’s SEC Championship Game, as Florida and Alabama faced off in Atlanta in one of the most exciting games of the year.

It turned out to be Alabama’s only close shave of the season. Alabama’s next-closest contest was its opener against Missouri, a game made closer than the score indicated when Alabama started substituting on defense ahead of its usual pace in such games.

CONTINUE READING

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I read that and can't just thinking "Florida's TEs are going to have a great game"...

Let hope not!!

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but want to Thank You Jess for wrapping up your post by comparing offense against defense and position vs. position rather than QB vs QB or RB vs RB and making a pick. As you know that was a huge point of contention for me and again, I find this position breakdown followed by O against D a much more realistic look into the game. Roll Tide!

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
He does well, and I’ve been around long enough to see him predict Alabama losing more than once in a season. This has just been a historic run we’ve been on.
Indeed, he does get very, very close to actual scores, quite often. I usually go with what Jess says, as it is normally spot on. I'm sure games were much harder to call back in the early 2000's, when God only knows what was going on with us, against literally everyone. I've seen us hang with highly ranked Oklahoma in 2002. We finished the year with 10 wins, though we couldn't even go to a bowl game. Seen us lose to Northern Illinois (in person, sadly), in 2003. Seen us bludgeon higher ranked Georgia in 2008, at THEIR place.

But, now, a win is assumed, in my book. Every single time. The details are what I get from Tidefans.com!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.