Follow Ronnie Brown...........

BayouBama75

1st Team
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
In watching the Georgia game, it appeared to me that about 75-80% of the time the ball followed Ronnie Brown... He was either running the ball, catching the ball or blocking for the Ford. If I am Joe Kines, I would think about a spy on him to follow him because he is seldom used as a decoy and will usually lead you to the ball.....

All of their yards revolve around the big three and Ronnie is always in the mix.

jdpas29

All-American
if Peprah's hamstring is healthy, BAMA should be able to man up on Auburn in the secondary a lot. Hopefully in that situation our LBs will keep the misdirection running yards to a minimum.

this game lies, however, in the hands of Alabama's defensive line. they've played great at times this year and got their faces blocked off at other times. if they can get Campbell rattled and get a few stops in the backfield early in the game, it's gonna be a good game.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
jdpas29 said:
if Peprah's hamstring is healthy, BAMA should be able to man up on Auburn in the secondary a lot. Hopefully in that situation our LBs will keep the misdirection running yards to a minimum.

this game lies, however, in the hands of Alabama's defensive line. they've played great at times this year and got their faces blocked off at other times. if they can get Campbell rattled and get a few stops in the backfield early in the game, it's gonna be a good game.
Actually, I think the game lies in the hands of Auburn's defensive line. They are undersized. And their middle linebacker is more like a safety in his size. Alabama runs the ball between the tackles. It is a punishing, productive and time-eating attack. If Auburn's front seven can't stop the running game, Mr. Pennington is going to have his 'signature day.'

Corral Brown, then focus on the Caddy

I think if Kines can get a LB thats swift enough to stay with Brown, matchup then. If not, When Ronnine lines up in that off set, and then flairs out, we need a Safety like Harper to mirror. Even if he make a little catch, have someone fast enough to contain him and make the tackle.
Also, when Brown fairs out like that you think its a little dump pass. The DB will run up for the angle and timing. Brown just keeps going and turns it into a wheel route and the DB is out of postion. See UGA game for that. Getting pressure on Campbell will disrupt that timing.

If we can just contain those two, can't shut them down, just conatain them, then we can be in this thing. I'd rather see Campbell beat us with his arm than Brown-Williams do it in the usual 1-2 punch like they have beaten everyone else.

auburnbone85

Nov 17, 2004
The great thing about this team, is if you double Ronnie, or spy, then you are gonna open up a hole somewhere on the field. Jason has plenty of options to go to and I have confidence in them. It would be smart however for Kines to try to contain Ronnie. He is on fire.

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
Ronnie is the key.

In this game Brown should have a huge part once again.
If Bama is to stay in this one they have to at least slow down the running game of the tiggers. I just feel that if it is left up to Jason Campbell they are not as good. He is only good because every team is afraid to leave the two RBs. Give anyone the kind of time that he is getting and they will be a good QB.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
BamaDevO said:
I just feel that if it is left up to Jason Campbell they are not as good. He is only good because every team is afraid to leave the two RBs. Give anyone the kind of time that he is getting and they will be a good QB.
I agree with you 100% on that thought Devo!

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
NBF_Bama_Cavalry said:
I believe that if Bama takes away the big weapons (RB and CW), Campbell has to use his head for something more than holding his helmet. I feel that could be disatrous for AU, Tubs biggest nightmare is for Campbell to start thinking.
You mean some awbies can think? Well, I be. :smile:

Bamalaw92

Banned
Dec 11, 2003
Montgomery
GulfCoastTider said:
Actually, I think the game lies in the hands of Auburn's defensive line. They are undersized. And their middle linebacker is more like a safety in his size. Alabama runs the ball between the tackles. It is a punishing, productive and time-eating attack. If Auburn's front seven can't stop the running game, Mr. Pennington is going to have his 'signature day.'
I hope you are right , but the barn has the #12 rushing defense in the nation (#2 in the SEC), the #1 scoring defense, and has allowed only 1 rushing touchdown all season. :(

Bamalaw92

Banned
Dec 11, 2003
Montgomery
Crimson Hawk said:
Didn't I hear someone say that au had scored on their first posession in every game this year? If so, stopping them early will be crucial.
Only 9 out of 10 (still impressive) They did not score on the first drive against LSU. Their MO is to jump early on people and then hold on.

talisitider

All-SEC
Jan 24, 2003
Tallassee, AL
twjua said:
Also, when Brown fairs out like that you think its a little dump pass. The DB will run up for the angle and timing. Brown just keeps going and turns it into a wheel route and the DB is out of postion. See UGA game for that. Getting pressure on Campbell will disrupt that timing.
You have got to chuck Ronnie off the line to disrupt his route, especially on that wheel, this will give time to get pressure on Campbell, that is key.

SimCastilleFan3

All-SEC
Sep 7, 2004
Madison, AL
Campbell

Campbell in my opinion is good because he has great weapons in Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams to fall back on they make him look great with the short screens they run. The key to this game is to contain Brown and Williams that is asking alot for our defense but I believe and that is what we have to do in this game is believe anything is possible. On offense we have to take what they give us, they will stack the box so that KD wont run that leaves man to man at the corners. Auburn has one great corne in Carlos Rogers but the other side is the side we need to pick on with Hobbs and the other back up.
ROll TIDE ROLL "WE BELIEVE" :biga2:

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!