For the Whiskey/Bourbon Drinkers. What's your "go to"?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
@DzynKingRTR

Have you tried the High West Whiskey Double Rye yet? If so, what did you think?
Ok it is pretty good. Very cinnamony. Very spicey. Also an anise taste. Some honey taste as well but mainly as an after taste. Sweeter than I was expecting. I could see over drinking this oe since the alcohol taste was not overwhelming. I would recommend it.

I would still prefer a scotch or bourbon, but this is good too. According to the interwebs I should have let it breathe a little. Next time I guess.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Ok it is pretty good. Very cinnamony. Very spicey. Also an anise taste. Some honey taste as well but mainly as an after taste. Sweeter than I was expecting. I could see over drinking this oe since the alcohol taste was not overwhelming. I would recommend it.

I would still prefer a scotch or bourbon, but this is good too. According to the interwebs I should have let it breathe a little. Next time I guess.
Yeah, there is a "thing" to letting it breathe a few minutes before drinking. Personally, I put two ice cubes in my bourbon, whiskey, and scotch and let it sit for about ten minutes before drinking. For me, it makes a noticeable difference.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
14 Best Sweet Bourbons Of All Time, Ranked
While there's certainly something to be said for smoky, oaky, spicy bourbons, the sweeter varieties can be just as nuanced and delicious. Any bourbon lover knows that any well-stocked bar has a plethora of golden-brown goodness with plenty of options to drink neat, on the rocks, or stir into your favorite cocktail. While flavored bourbons certainly have their place, these sweet bourbons keep the traditional robust flavors with more layered honey, decadent toffee or caramel, rich vanilla, or warm, dessert-reminiscent spices.
14 Best Sweet Bourbons Of All Time, Ranked (msn.com)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
14 Best Sweet Bourbons Of All Time, Ranked
While there's certainly something to be said for smoky, oaky, spicy bourbons, the sweeter varieties can be just as nuanced and delicious. Any bourbon lover knows that any well-stocked bar has a plethora of golden-brown goodness with plenty of options to drink neat, on the rocks, or stir into your favorite cocktail. While flavored bourbons certainly have their place, these sweet bourbons keep the traditional robust flavors with more layered honey, decadent toffee or caramel, rich vanilla, or warm, dessert-reminiscent spices.
14 Best Sweet Bourbons Of All Time, Ranked (msn.com)
This is a terrible list; it makes no sense.

First, TX Blended Whiskey isn't a Bourbon (though they do make a Bourbon). Second, it takes a very, very specific palette to appreciate it - and that's as nice as I can be. :)

They include Elijah Craig Small Batch but not the Barrel Proof or the Toasted Barrel? Seriously?

EH Taylor definitely belongs on this list (probably as a group rather than a single selection) but not a single selection from the Antique Collection? And they include Blanton's - which is debatable and greatly depends upon your definition of the word best - but not Stagg, Jr...

Some of the others are good choices but most of this list is simply overpriced; there are much better bang-for-your-buck, sweet bourbons out there. I mean, any Top 10+ list of sweet Bourbons that doesn't include at least one Old Forester offering is pure bunk.

I'd put some decent money on a wager that Elizabeth Lavis (the author) hasn't tasted half the whiskeys on this list...

Last edited:
Reactions: BhamToTexas

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.