For the Whiskey/Bourbon Drinkers. What's your "go to"?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
My "routine whiskey " is Canadian Club, pretty pedestrian. I like a single malt scotch. As far as blends go, partial to Pinch. Not much of a bourbon drinker but like a Makers Mark at the hunting camp while watching the sun go down over the pines after having been made a fool of by a wise old gobbler.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anything with Glen or Van in the name is pretty good, Anyone try Aberlour 16 before? A friend gave me a bottle to try, haven’t opened it yet, waiting for a good weekend.
BTW, nothing wrong with makers mark, if we are serving cocktails, usually makers mark is the choice.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Anything with Glen or Van in the name is pretty good, Anyone try Aberlour 16 before? A friend gave me a bottle to try, haven’t opened it yet, waiting for a good weekend.
BTW, nothing wrong with makers mark, if we are serving cocktails, usually makers mark is the choice.
Yes, it is very good.

Reactions: bamaga

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I heard someone today talking about Uncle Nearest. Apparently this is the guy that taught Jack Daniels to make whiskey. They guaranteed you will finish the bottle in 24-48 hours. This sounds like something I need to try.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I got a free bottle (never opened) of this from my wife's cousin. He didn't realize it was rye when he bought it and said he'll never drink it. I've never had it before, plan on drinking some this weekend. Any opinions on it? I can tell you right now, it won't taste bad because it was FREE! LOL!

1660331647047.png

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I got a free bottle (never opened) of this from my wife's cousin. He didn't realize it was rye when he bought it and said he'll never drink it. I've never had it before, plan on drinking some this weekend. Any opions on it? I can tell you right now, it won't taste bad because it was FREE! LOL!

View attachment 27461
Never drank rye. I am very curious though. Please let us know.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I got a free bottle (never opened) of this from my wife's cousin. He didn't realize it was rye when he bought it and said he'll never drink it. I've never had it before, plan on drinking some this weekend. Any opinions on it? I can tell you right now, it won't taste bad because it was FREE! LOL!

View attachment 27461
Free is always the best! I do like Rye occasionally and this is a good one, along with Angel's Envy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure I've finished a bottle of bourbon in under 3 months, and I drink Old Fashioned's semi regularly.
I started thinking about it, so I looked it up. 2oz in an Old Fashioned, just over 26oz in a 750ml bottle of bourbon, so that's 13 Old Fashioneds over the course of roughly 13 weeks.

So we've mathematically established that 'semi regularly' cane be translated to 'once per week'

Reactions: dayhiker

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Before Doctors decided I had Celiac Disease... I drank Bourbon and Vodka and Beers. (60s till mid 90s) Then they decided my digestive system should avoid Wheat, Rye, and Barley.
(It's the Gluten that gave me the storm in my intestines.)
I was left with foul tasting Gluten Free Beers or Rum and Tequila.
4 years ago I gave up Alcohol.
Then gave up Tea.
Now about all that's left is Water, Coffee, and Sprite.
These days he strongest thing I drink is burnt Coffee,
and I don't drink it by choice.
These days there is a dizzying number of good drinks available.
Drink up Gents.

Reactions: Padreruf

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My new stuff arrived today. 20220822_212512.jpg

The 2 small bottles are my free gift. Never had peanut butter whiskey before. It sounds like something that could be really good or really bad.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My new stuff arrived today. View attachment 27822

The 2 small bottles are my free gift. Never had peanut butter whiskey before. It sounds like something that could be really good or really bad.
I can attest that the High West Whiskey Double Rye is very good. I haven't had the other two so I can't say.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
My new stuff arrived today. View attachment 27822

The peanut butter whiskey is ok. It is pretty sweet so it is decent as an after dinner sipper, but I can't have much of it. I did try the Uncle Nearest last weekend based on your recommendation above and enjoyed it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.