Link: Forbes: Nick Saban's Football Dynasty Is Still Alive And Well

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
. . . I would humbly suggest that Alabama fans need not panic just yet. The Crimson Tide football program is still in excellent shape and may get even better in the coming years. Nick Saban, the highest-paid and most powerful college football coach in the nation, has won three of the last four national championships and is inarguably the best coach in the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) era. There is ample reason to believe that he won’t stop there. Some evidence:
Link: Don't Worry Alabama Fans, Nick Saban's Football Dynasty Is Still Alive And Well

RTR!

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
A grad from a religious school in Vermont with a better appreciation of Alabama's strengths than some of the fans. Very good article, the sky is not falling.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
In all honesty Coach Saban's program is about to take off to a scary, even loftier status. The players he now has in place combined with possibly his best recruiting class ever coming in is going to give us a talent base like we've never seen before. Maybe like no college team has ever had before. And it's just going to get better and better.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
All doubters needed to see was picking up a top recruit out of LSU's backyard only 2 days after the IB loss. We will recover and be even stronger as a team going forward. Maybe with a little luck, we will get a rematch with the Boogs this bowl season...RTR!

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read it earlier and enjoyed it. We've had entirely too many Chicken Littles running around since the game...
You`re right. Good Lord ! We lose one ball game on a freak return with no time left after winning back-to-back national championships and three of the last four and some people are seriously questioning the direction of the program ??? It`s really hard to think of something to say about that kind of lunacy.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
We lose players we lose coaches but the program is Very strong.

You did not see the last NC last year. CNS best talent is that he learns form past mistakes.

I hate being the wait till next year crowd but really, we are gonna be just fine.

I hope we can keep Coach Nuss & Smart with all the opening coming.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
That should be mandatory reading for Bama fans. It's very encouraging. It's good to see this kind of well thought out, positive attitude towards Bama coming from a national publication...it helps to offset some of the really nasty articles directed at Bama by the Wall Street Journal.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
No doubt that we will be in the conversation for the foreseeable future. No fan base can really ask for more. Winning it all is just icing on the cake.

I do think the incoming format will work in our favor.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
btw, any word on how coach is doing? he looked like he was completely spent physically, mentally and emotionally in the press conference after the game. I was actually rather concerned for him.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I couldn't swallow some of the drivel that followed the game Saturday and had to quit reading it. If I don't falter with my support during Perkins, DuBose, Price, and Shula, I'm certainly not going quit supporting Alabama, Coach Saban, his staff, support folks, and players. We've got wonderful players with a boatload of new recruits committed. It is a young team which will only get better.

Chicken Little has no place in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide Roll

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
For some perspective, I was a student at UA from the 73-79 seasons (two degrees, not just being slow!). Many call that one of the great eras of Alabama football under Coach Bryant and I agree. But what was our record during those years? 11-1, 11-1, 11-1, 9-3, 11-1, 11-1, 12-0 for a total of 76-8 with national chamnpionships. We had one-loss seasons in 74, 75 and 77 without winning the national title. It's just hard to do guys, our AU would have more of them than they do! (By the way, beginning with 2008, we're 72-8, not that different.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.