Ford Mustang Mach-E has a mile of wires it doesn’t need. That’s a big deal

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Charts and graphs are nice, but I live in an area that had rolling blackouts this past Christmas. Four days ago there were over 150k customers without power in Texas due to the ice storm.

Yes, we generally have ample power, but with extreme weather events (which aren't as uncommon as I guess you believe) the power grid is strained.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Charts and graphs are nice, but I live in an area that had rolling blackouts this past Christmas. Four days ago there were over 150k customers without power in Texas due to the ice storm.

Yes, we generally have ample power, but with extreme weather events (which aren't as uncommon as I guess you believe) the power grid is strained.
Not to mention natural disasters. EV’s are a burden when there isn’t any power. That’s why hybrids should be the focus.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Good point - my parents have a Mach-E along with a roof full of solar panels and a Tesla PowerWall - during the last power outages they were barely able to catch enough sunlight to keep the lights and heat running. Few people with electric cars have full power generation capability and without the grid, they're dead in the water.

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.