News Article: Former Bama QB Josh Palet discusses who replaces Saban

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I actually remember something you don't? Chad Goss. I believe he played for Stallings and dumbose.
I couldn't forget because I never knew.

(I think there's a country song in there).

I've heard Earle talk about Carl Valletto before - first time I ever knew the Dad played at UA was when he mentioned it awhile back.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
But do you remember Cotis Nunley?
The coyote! I remember meeting him the first night I transferred to Bama in January 1990. I drove him to get a burger at Checkers. I had remembered reading about him, and I met him my first night on campus. I felt connected to the program and was loving life.
Edit- Later that same semester, we had Billy Whitehill get transferred into our dorm suite when he got kicked out of the athletic dorm. He was a unique dude and was also a big dude. He was a DL from Texas if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearFoot

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I always remember seeing Chad Key on the sideline during the championship game against Miami. I think he was one of the guys who poured Gatorade on Coach Stallings.
Pretty sure you are right. He had some good games over his career. I remember him making some clutch plays his senior year against Georgia and Ohio State.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
The coyote! I remember meeting him the first night I transferred to Bama in January 1990. I drove him to get a burger at Checkers. I had remembered reading about him, and I met him my first night on campus. I felt connected to the program and was loving life.
Edit- Later that same semester, we had Billy Whitehill get transferred into our dorm suite when he got kicked out of the athletic dorm. He was a unique dude and was also a big dude. He was a DL from Texas if I remember correctly.
I was a student from ‘89 to ‘93. Wasn’t he kicked out because he was shooting a pellet gun out the window of his room? I remember him being from Oklahoma???

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was a student from ‘89 to ‘93. Wasn’t he kicked out because he was shooting a pellet gun out the window of his room? I remember him being from Oklahoma???
I think it was a pellet gun, but I also think he just stayed in Coach Stallings' dog house because he was a speed metal dude who dyed his hair black and had ear and nose rings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.