Former Hawaii QB Colt Brennan - dead at 37

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I recall he had some drug related problems and spent some time incarcerated, just wondering if he had been released and had turned his life around.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
RIP Brennan. That's just terrible. He was impressive in the '06 game in T-town and just missed tying the game on the last play (although Shula's offense settling for a ton of FGs certainly helped). As for Johns, I hope he's gotten his life together a la Sherman Williams- he was the dictionary definition of wasted potential.....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
RIP Brennan. That's just terrible. He was impressive in the '06 game in T-town and just missed tying the game on the last play (although Shula's offense settling for a ton of FGs certainly helped). As for Johns, I hope he's gotten his life together a la Sherman Williams- he was the dictionary definition of wasted potential.....
Maybe that's why I thought we lost...we played so poorly we should have.

It was tough watching even a win during the CMS years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oof, that's painful to watch.
Watch the Duke and Mississippi St game of that year if you want to really see pain. However the Tennessee game still burns because we had it won but we found a way to lose. Otherwise we would’ve been on a 16 game streak with them if we ignore the vacated games.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Easy. He paralleled parked my girlfriend's car when I was in college so she wouldn't be late to class.
Johns or Williams? Sherman's definitely gotten his life on track, hope Johns was able to follow his example. I remember back then the fan base was up in arms because they thought Johns wasn't getting the ball enough...

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
You had to post that.
At the 1:00 to play in the 3rd Qtr, Bama TE Walker catches a pass at the 8 yard line, and (Shocker!) Bama has to settle for a FG. I Imagine the "jumbo package" went in and Bama ran it up the middle three times, or something equally imaginative.
The Shula/Dave Rader goal line offense:

1st down: Darby up the middle, no gain
2d down: Darby up the middle, no gain
3d down: Darby up the middle, loss of 2
4th down: Field goal

Lather, rinse, repeat........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.