Question: Foul or no Foul? (Or maybe a travel?) Lakers/Spurs

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I am a Lakers fan, however I think this was a good "no call".

What Barry should have done in order to draw a "legit foul" was to go immediately up with the shot and lean into it to draw the foul. Instead, he put the ball on the floor and provided just enough impetus into DF as DF did to him. Putting the ball on the floor and looking for the foul instead of the basket was the reason for the "no call".

Or was it a travel. Watch the Pivot foot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDc31xBkBg0

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
No foul, Great No-Call. Sports needs more of that kinda thing. Its always a shame when the Ref decided the outcome of a game and in this case, the players did. I dont really see the travel your talking about, but in the NBA a travel, just isnt a travel like we know it!!!!!

I also wanna give props to Barry and Coach Pop for being very classey about the play after the game. Both said it was a Good "no-call" and just tried to move on. They realize, the Lakers beat them fair and square......

1 more game to go and then the Lakers move on.......

SA looks a little on the old side these days........

RTR

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I always thought if a defender left his fee and then LANDED on you, it was a foul. But, I also thought you were only allowed two steps and they get away with that, so whatever.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I always thought if a defender left his fee and then LANDED on you, it was a foul. But, I also thought you were only allowed two steps and they get away with that, so whatever.
Ya your leaving feet take is kinda right, but then it's on Barry to sell it - like Kobe does, Fisher does, Ginobli does - heck, if that was Ginobli, it would of looked like someone shot him with a shotgun.
What hurts Barry is the dribble to get out, the stop, and the rising up to shoot from that same spot - had he fallen from that spot, it would have been two free throws - the game is tied -
settle it in overtime - I thought you go for the win away, and the tie at home, right?

Doesnt matter now, the Refs got it right!!!!! Go Lakers,

RTR

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I thought it was a good no-call.

Anyone happen to see the driving dunk by Duncan in the first half? That was the biggest travel I've ever seen in my life.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
What about the foul the other night when Pierce pump-faked, got the guy in the air, traveled, got nailed by the defender, hit the shot and then was called for an offensive foul??? I thought it was a little ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.