Four Former Tennessee football assistants under Jeremy Pruitt get show-cause penalties

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Show causes are serious, to say otherwise is to indicate that one really doesn’t understand the full impact of them. Everyone wants to bring up Bruce Pearl and how Auburn still hired him. Auburn only had to deal with show cause consequences for basically 2 months. So it’s not exactly 6 years of constant training, reporting, and bowing to the NCAA’s demands.

If Alabama were to hire Pruitt then we would have 6 years of the NCAA monitoring our football and basketball teams looking for foul play. You can bet dollars to donuts that they would try to pin something huge to us to show that they still have some power.

Most show causes are 1-3 years in an effort to correct an action Pruitt’s was pretty much to prevent him from coaching in the near future.
They need look no further than the basketball team to show how Alabama will handle this. In the unlikely event Pruitt is hired at Alabama, it wouldn’t be until about a month after his show cause expired.

So basically don’t hold your breath.

Reactions: CB4 and 81usaf92

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I don't want Pruitt back here. He served his purpose for two years in 2016 and 2017. There are other coordinators that can coach defense.
I really like Coach Steele. The way he and the other defensive staff members get the players to communicate to each other on the field is impressive. I bet we see less blown assignments this year because the communication will be much better.

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I really like Coach Steele. The way he and the other defensive staff members to communicate to each other on the field is impressive. I bet we see less blown assignments this year because the communication will be much better.
He has really grown on me. The tackling at A-day looked better than I had seen in years. My friend and I have a running joke of Kevin Steele being flabbergasted when he finds out the stuff Pete Golding was asking his players to do and it just slowly escalating to ridiculous levels.

Player: So is this before or after I solve the riddle of sphinx and do my Trigonometry equation in my head.
CKS: What?? No?? Jesus what has been teaching you? Just sack the QB.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
He has really grown on me. The tackling at A-day looked better than I had seen in years. My friend and I have a running joke of Kevin Steele being flabbergasted when he finds out the stuff Pete Golding was asking his players to do and it just slowly escalating to ridiculous levels.

Player: So is this before or after I solve the riddle of sphinx and do my Trigonometry equation in my head.
CKS: What?? No?? Jesus what has been teaching you? Just sack the QB.
I looked at all the "like" emogis and I wish i coulda selected multiples for your post SBS :ROFLMAO:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Who is Bethany Gunn?

She is the daughter of David Gunn.

Gunn helped build the roster at AState that allowed Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn to win conference championships. Freeze took over for a guy who was a local favorite who got into NCAA trouble over grade manipulation but doesn't seem like the type. Gunn followed Malzahn to Auburn which is why Bethany is an AU grad.

Who is Chantryce Boone? Much more complicated. She has a sister that was a hostess at UT in about 2012 or so but lets just say she now works in the same building as the Cotton Museum in Memphis. Starting to make sense?

Reactions: Tidelines

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Based on some things I’ve learned in the last several days, anyone that does due diligence concerning Pruitt would need their “head examined” if they hired him. The guy has more baggage than American Tourister. And that goes beyond UT.

Reactions: dtgreg and seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Last edited:
Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
By my count he has 17 years in the state retirement system. I’m guessing he is trying to max it out.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Yeah it’s like I tried to tell the Pruitt cultists… “your wildly optimistic theories aren’t really close to reality. “. Hopefully this finally puts a nail in the coffin of him returning and we can finally move on.
I still don't understand why people think he is the only guy who can coach defense at Alabama. Saban has hired OC's that have turned out to be duds in the past but Golding was Sabans first real misfire on defense. And I am going back to his LSU days. Maybe Phil Elmassian and Gary Gibbs but that goes back all the way back to 2000 and 2001. I know nothing about either of their tenures at LSU. By 2002 he was hiring will Muschamp and was off to the races.

Last edited:
Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.