Four Former Tennessee football assistants under Jeremy Pruitt get show-cause penalties

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The NCAA announced the penalties but did not release the names of the staff members. SI.com reported that it was former UT inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer, outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton, director of player personnel Drew Hughes and student assistant Michael Magness.

The NCAA announced they were given show-cause penalties between three to five years. That means they are not allowed to coach or recruit in college for a period of time unless their future employer can successfully argue otherwise to the NCAA.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I thought he already had a show cause and that it was about over. Am I wrong about that?
Incorrect:
Pruitt, assistant Derrick Ansley, staff members Bethany Gunn and Chantryce Boone and the University of Tennessee have not settled their portions of the case with the NCAA, which includes allegations of 18 Level 1 violations.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Incorrect:
Pruitt, assistant Derrick Ansley, staff members Bethany Gunn and Chantryce Boone and the University of Tennessee have not settled their portions of the case with the NCAA, which includes allegations of 18 Level 1 violations.
Nonetheless, I think it is safe to say this does not bode well for Pruitt and Ansley.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Pruitt could sue the NCAA. I can't remember all the particulars, but a court in California ruled that the show cause clause was unconstitutional according to California law. I am sure a lot of Bama fans would like to be on that jury.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yeah. It’s why I see it as a long shot that he is even in the plans of succession for Steele at this point. I just don’t see this as a “time served “ thing.
I agree with this. From what little I know of the situation, Pruitt has not showed any signs of guilt for what he did, nor the lives he potentially ruined for those who worked for him. The best he can hope for is as an assistant position at some school like South Alabama, West Alabama, Jax State, UNA, or back to the high school level.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I agree with this. From what little I know of the situation, Pruitt has not showed any signs of guilt for what he did, nor the lives he potentially ruined for those who worked for him. The best he can hope for is as an assistant position at some school like South Alabama, West Alabama, Jax State, UNA, or back to the high school level.
Would you of this was standard operating procedure where you worked? Suddenly the people making this happen turn on you and drive you into the ground? Would you be apologetic?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And thus why Pruitt wasn’t a DC candidate for Alabama
I think people who know people have some sorta connections heard that he passed the UA compliance protocols (which really means nothing other than the university is okay with hiring him) and just took it as a sign that he was going to be hired as DC. From what I heard is that pretty early on they basically got a hint of a stiff punishment was coming on him and Saban was told to bail on him.

It’s why when Dennis Dodd, Josh Pate, and a few screwballs on Twitter kept saying “sources” were pointing to Saban wanting Pruitt I’m like “you are just regurgitating month old news of a situation that has drastically changed since then”. It’s why I don’t really put much stock in guys who constantly say”my sources”. Because they rarely will tell you how wrong their sources could be but love to tell you how right they are when they hit it.

The only reason I was confident that it wasn’t going to be Pruitt is because who was actually saying it wasn’t. The only question surrounding Pruitt is “will he be on staff in some capacity”. I really think it’s unlikely at this point unless a resolution is more clear fast.

But more to the point… No Pruitt was not a true option most of this process. Probably initially he was a thought but after the season was officially over he wasn’t.

Reactions: DawgAlum2054

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.