BREAKING Fourteennessee's Pruitt FIRED (along with staff & Fulmer resigning). Wants back at Alabama

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I don't know if Pruitt has been involved or not in the skulduggery up the road. However, with Fulmer as AD, anything is a go as far as recruiting, etc. and if it gets other schools in trouble he will -- Alabama and Means.

Reactions: B1GTide

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
I think there's a decent chance he ends up as an analyst at Alabama. This insulates everyone a bit from the NCAA fallout. Part of this situation is it seems like Tennessee decided to throw him under the bus. It's almost like they'd be ok with NCAA violations if it got them out of paying him and/or tainted him to the point he can't return to Alabama.

This probably needs to play out though, but there's just no denying how good Pruitt is at being a DC.
2013 FSU for one year, #1 scoring defense. Following year they were 49.

2014 Georgia was 16th, then 8th. 35th the year after he left.

2016 and 2017 at Alabama. #1 and #1. 12th the year after he left.

There's no DC in college football with a resume like that. So, yeah it's hugely advantageous if you can figure out how this situation out.

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think there's a decent chance he ends up as an analyst at Alabama. This insulates everyone a bit from the NCAA fallout. Part of this situation is it seems like Tennessee decided to throw him under the bus. It's almost like they'd be ok with NCAA violations if it got them out of paying him and/or tainted him to the point he can't return to Alabama.

This probably needs to play out though, but there's just no denying how good Pruitt is at being a DC.

There's no DC in college football with a resume like that. So, yeah it's hugely advantageous if you can figure out how this situation out.
Aranda is better, and I hope Saban has his phone on silent because we don’t need this crap right now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think there's a decent chance he ends up as an analyst at Alabama.
Only if he gets no other offers. At this point, he's as fired as a teenager getting caught stealing cigarettes from Walmart. No income. Bama pays an average of $45k/year for analysts, iirc, so unless there are no other offers, he won't be at Alabama, imo.

• Thank You
Reactions: OSUTideFan

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Only if he gets no other offers. At this point, he's as fired as a teenager getting caught stealing cigarettes from Walmart. No income. Bama pays an average of $45k/year for analysts, iirc, so unless there are no other offers, he won't be at Alabama, imo.
Pruitt is the teenager that got caught with loratab pills at school. He won’t be in the SEC anytime soon.

Last edited:

Sensation77

Bamanation Citizen
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Are they saying the firing is "with cause"? I haven't seen, and I'm not gonna watch their press conference.

He’s a good DC no doubt, but no matter whether he did anything or not, this is on him. There’s no way possible that he didn’t know what a snake Fulmer is, and he made the decision to play with fire.

Trouble seems to follow this guy around, and besides here, there’s always been something lurking in the background when he’s left jobs.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He’s a good DC no doubt, but no matter whether he did anything or not, this is on him. There’s no way possible that he didn’t know what a snake Fulmer is, and he made the decision to play with fire.

Trouble seems to follow this guy around, and besides here, there’s always been something lurking in the background when he’s left jobs.
There are very few "choir boys" among D-1 coaches...I hate to paint with a broad brush, but I've even known of skirting the rules in golf, for crying out loud. If he did something, then it's on him. If he didn't, but should have known, that's on him. If he's clean but they are making JP the sacrificial lamb, then that's on PF and UT and there will be lawsuits til hades freezes over.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

I am sure that it is obvious that the University President and Athletic Director are responsible for establishing policy and oversight for all sports recruiting at a major university. The fact that The University established such an extensive list of "for cause" offenses in Coach Pruitt's contract makes it obvious that they did not intend to have another Butch Jones buy out situation. IMO firing CJP for cause makes the university appear small and leaves a bad odor around the entire university. IMO again the Phat Phil administration has left the university in a dismal spot from a recruiting standpoint.

Some of us question Sark's situation in Texas but would see him having a far greater opportunity than the next coach will have at Tennessee.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Yup, with cause. Sounds bad enough he might get the NCAA show cause.
I think we best let the full information come out before we make judgments....there are at least 2 sides to this fracas...I know you were just stating what's out there...but I've seen people judged before they were ever able to make a statement.