BREAKING Fourteennessee's Pruitt FIRED (along with staff & Fulmer resigning). Wants back at Alabama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think we best let the full information come out before we make judgments....there are at least 2 sides to this fracas...I know you were just stating what's out there...but I've seen people judged before they were ever able to make a statement.
Oh sure, all rumors, outside of his being fired.

But it's fourteenessee, so rumors are fine. :)

That said, if Chris Low is saying multiple LI violations, you can pretty much take that to the bank.

bamamc1

All-American
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well it’s one of two things:
1. Minor infractions reported by UT in hoping to get Jeremy out of there.
2. They’re crazier than I thought and reported this and the program will burn down.

Hate it for Jeremy, but this may set them back another decade or more.

BamaHoops

Bamanation Citizen
Jan 13, 2019
Going to be quite a while - years - until Pruitt will be hired anywhere. Doubt Bama would even take him as an analyst until two years pass.

Keeter

All-American
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Poor Pete. He helps win a National title, Pruitt gets fired and people are like, “GET OUT OF JEREMY’S SEAT!”
Don’t think Pete is going anywhere unless someone hires him........ and like everyone else says, JP is toxic at the moment....... best to let him pay his dues somewhere else for awhile and get the stink off of him. Bama doesn’t need that kind of thing at the moment

nothing says Saban will take him back either...... he made the bed, he’s gotta sleep in it.......Saban isn’t going to take him back after this

Last edited:

Sensation77

Bamanation Citizen
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
I live in Tennessee, so naturally most of my friends are Vol Fans. Of course, my Facebook timeline is blowing up with the news today. Their delusion is jaw-dropping. They still believe it is a destination job, and they'll easily make a big name, homerun hire. If I'm an established coach, or a hot up & comer coordinator, there's no way I attach my name to that program. I just hate that CJP drank the kool-aid. Sounds like he'll be untouchable for a while.

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I listened to the press conference. Nine coaches, I think 7 are off the field analysts or admins, fired for multiple serious violations. Pruitt fired for essentially a lack of compliance monitoring and culture, not necessarily committing the violations himself. She did not mention, while I was listening, whether Pruitt knew the violations were occurring. She also commented that the nine coaches actively worked to hide their activities and impede compliance efforts (obviously).

People are mentioning Freeze. Folks, if this woman is being truthful and not hyperbolic, Tennessee is about to be nuked from orbit. They ain’t getting a “Freeze.”

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I listened to the press conference. Nine coaches, I think 7 are off the field analysts or admins, fired for multiple serious violations. Pruitt fired for essentially a lack of compliance monitoring and culture, not necessarily committing the violations himself. She did not mention, while I was listening, whether Pruitt knew the violations were occurring. She also commented that the nine coaches actively worked to hide their activities and impede compliance efforts (obviously).

People are mentioning Freeze. Folks, if this woman is being truthful and not hyperbolic, Tennessee is about to be nuked from orbit. They ain’t getting a “Freeze.”
I think they are going to get Gus or Steele. The blueprint is already there and there are credible sources that they all have been meeting together.

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Fulmer actually spoke at the press conference. While I believe he is dirty as hell from way back, him speaking today seems to suggest he had no involvement or knowledge of these events. I realize he is stepping down. I more believe that’s because his hire has utterly failed. He’s falling on his sword, so to speak. Again, still dirty as hell.

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think if half of these allegations are true then unless that person’s name is Peyton Manning then they are going to be told who to hire.
You are correct I’m sure. But the order of the hires suggests to me that they’re going with Steele through at least 2021. Who would take this job now, knowing what is coming their way?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I expect a slap on the wrist and some sort of punishment for Alabama.