Fox News is learning the hard way that their viewers never wanted the truth

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have seen several comments from Trumpies pushing Newsmax. I didn’t know they had a TV channel.
Same here. I still don't know what channel it is or if I even have it. I don't watch the news anyway. I stopped years ago because every channel was biased one way or the other when all I wanted t o know was the actual news. I don't care about anyone's opinion of that news. I basically get my news from here.

Reactions: MobtownK

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Same here. I still don't know what channel it is or if I even have it. I don't watch the news anyway. I stopped years ago because every channel was biased one way or the other when all I wanted t o know was the actual news. I don't care about anyone's opinion of that news. I basically get my news from here.
According to my cable guide (which is a couple years old) I get OAN but not Newsmax. Just switched to OAN and they had a clip of Trump from his virus press conference from the other day.

I watch the local news to see what’s going on around where I live. But I haven’t watched the national news (outside of coverage of major events) in years.

I do watch Anderson Cooper and Chris Cuomo occasionally. Also listen to CNN in the car some.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
News Max and OAN are on my Extra Choice Package with Direct TV.

As an aside, Most of my hardcore Trumper FB friends have semi disappeared from FB. I suspect they are over at Parler.com

Reactions: NationalTitles18

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
" Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; And to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions." (Isaiah 30:10, NASB)

" The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule on their own authority; And My people love it so! But what will you do at the end of it?" (Jeremiah 5:31)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm close to the same. I'll follow the links and eat the meat and spit out the bones. Occasionally someone will say something I had not heard so I'll google it.

I haven't watched a live evening newscast on any of the major networks in....A LOOONNNGG time. I quit around the time Brokaw, Rather, and Jennings all quit (which was in a four-month span btw).

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I'm close to the same. I'll follow the links and eat the meat and spit out the bones. Occasionally someone will say something I had not heard so I'll google it.

I haven't watched a live evening newscast on any of the major networks in....A LOOONNNGG time. I quit around the time Brokaw, Rather, and Jennings all quit (which was in a four-month span btw).
We dropped cable the week before the Bama/Georgia NC (poor timing 😀). The local ABC channel streams their 6 and 10 pm news and that’s all I watch.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I USED to enjoy scanning the news pages on my phone, and I always went with the NEW Big 3 - MSNBC, CNN, and Fox IN THAT ORDER. My reasoning has always been since I lean more right than left, go with the left to challenge you (I think this is no longer possible as it was back when Fox at least TRIED to pretend to be a news organization).

But MSNBC died online about six years ago or so, got terrible. CNN has been a joke for more than a decade now. And I've not even looked at Fox online since they went Full Trump in the spring of 2016.

Reactions: MobtownK

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir is good. I record it daily and can watch in less than twenty minutes by fast forwarding through the intro and commercials. I don’t ever recall them reporting anything that wasn’t fact.

These days, it is impossible for a news organization not to seem left leaning if they report the truth.

I get my detailed news from NYT and WaPo. I recently subscribed to Atlantic magazine to which I give a very high recommendation.

My cousin recommended Newsmax to me recently. I had never heard of it. I watched about five minutes of Louie Gohmert, “one of our favorite guests”, and I’m done with them.

Fox has been a Trump propaganda machine since he took office. I didn’t like it even when I was voting straight Republican.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I agree that Fox News viewers really wanted reinforcement of views they already held.

But I don’t think they’re in any way unique on that point.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This is like saying all politicians are corrupt. There is a degree of truth in both statements, but the degrees can vary enormously.
On my Apple TV, if I want to watch national news, I will go to the Reuters news app. It asks me how long I have (10, 15, or 30 minutes) and it plays the news, without commercials. The production values are low, but the news is not overly biased to the left.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
On my Apple TV, if I want to watch national news, I will go to the Reuters news app. It asks me how long I have (10, 15, or 30 minutes) and it plays the news, without commercials. The production values are low, but the news is not overly biased to the left.
In the car I ask my phone to "play the news." It uses news media from all over the world and seems relatively neutral.

As I said above, if a news organization is going to report the truth, it will seem to be biased toward the left. IMO, this is because so much of the right wing opinion is fantasy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.