French is transferring to Rhode Island ...

Rhode Island fan

Jun 26, 2022
Hi guys. I'm a Rhode Island fan and I came here to ask about Alex. I know he got hurt right before the '20 season and missed the whole season. I see that he played 3 games early in the '21-'22 season but didn't play a single second after that. Does anybody know why? Was it related to his achilles injury? Or did coach Oats just didn't think he wasn't ready? Also, anything you guys can tell me about his game would be appreciated, although you haven't seen much more of him than I have.

BamaMike05

All-SEC
Jul 4, 2009
Madison, Alabama, United States
Hi guys. I'm a Rhode Island fan and I came here to ask about Alex. I know he got hurt right before the '20 season and missed the whole season. I see that he played 3 games early in the '21-'22 season but didn't play a single second after that. Does anybody know why? Was it related to his achilles injury? Or did coach Oats just didn't think he wasn't ready? Also, anything you guys can tell me about his game would be appreciated, although you haven't seen much more of him than I have.
He was always a project as he has only been playing basketball for a few years. I think the injury slowed his development down. He could turn into a decent player for you guys because he is very raw. He just isn’t a high major player. I saw him play in practice and he showed in practice why he wasn’t seeing the floor. He has some raw skills but he was going to struggle with the physicality and athleticism of the SEC. Very nice and respectful young man though.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
That's a very fair assessment of him honestly. He has the potentential and upside that could land him in the NBA. When he was being recruited out of high school he was pegged as a Kevin Durant type player. I think he was on track to be a top 10 player nationally but reclassified like Primo to graduate early. if he can commit physically and mentally to what it takes to be successful and also commit to what your coach is doing in Rhode Island, there's a good chance you all will be pleasantly surprised. Just know it may take him some time to get to that level since he is still raw as BamaMike pointed out.

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.shop !

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!