From ESPN, a second pro day for Mac...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, one site did a swap, putting Lawrence's locks on Mac and vice versa. It was a bit unsettling. You could see why Mac was a successful kid model...

Reactions: dtgreg

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Why don’t they stick to whining about how the Braves GM and manager are sabotaging the team and stop whining about the 4th best Georgia born talent to escape the UGA grasp in the last 10 years.
They have a lot to complain about with talent escaping UGA. In the Clemson/OSU semi final, three of the best offensive players in the game (Lawrence, Fields and Sermon) are all from Georgia and Clemson's starting lineup and roster has tons of Georgia kids.

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They have a lot to complain about with talent escaping UGA. In the Clemson/OSU semi final, three of the best offensive players in the game (Lawrence, Fields and Sermon) are all from Georgia and Clemson's starting lineup and roster has tons of Georgia kids.
LOL and Kirbs is such a great recruiter, right? It's hilarious to me.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think that Mac and Joe had the two best seasons at the QB position in the history of the game, and they came in back to back seasons, and they came against incredibly tough competition. I think that you have to split hairs to choose one's season over the other's.
Largely agree. I just think when you watched LSU their offensive game plan was spread them out and let Burrow cook where ours felt more we will overwhelm you with how good we are at every position(including QB). Even though Burrow had those WRs and RB it just felt different from our offense for some reason that I can't fully put my finger on. I could be wrong

Reactions: B1GTide

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Largely agree. I just think when you watched LSU their offensive game plan was spread them out and let Burrow cook where ours felt more we will overwhelm you with how good we are at every position(including QB). Even though Burrow had those WRs and RB it just felt different from our offense for some reason that I can't fully put my finger on. I could be wrong
Watch that five play breakdown and you will change your mind. Two things stand out:

Sark’s absolute genius in play design and his ability to teach that information.

The player’s ability to receive that teaching and apply it in game situations.

With the exception of the back shoulder throw and catch, those other plays could be accomplished by three star talent level players. Mac and DeVonta saw the same thing, recognized the same thing, and both reacted in the way they were taught to react in this circumstances.

This is simply great football minds making it look like they are overwhelming with their talent when in fact they are using their plan to win.

Reactions: T Bone and B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Watch that five play breakdown and you will change your mind. Two things stand out:

Sark’s absolute genius in play design and his ability to teach that information.

With the exception of the back shoulder throw and catch, those other plays could be accomplished by three star talent level players. Mac and DeVonta saw the same thing, recognized the same thing, and both reacted in the way they were taught to react in this circumstances.

This is simply great football minds making it look like they are overwhelming with their talent when in fact they are using their plan to win.
Mix talent with preparedness and you get greatness. #2020BAMA#18

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

FWIW, I didn't mean to imply we just out talented everybody. I was just saying we were really good at basically every positions on offense last year. Good meaning good football players not simply talented ones.