From ESPN, a second pro day for Mac...

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Well put. Mahomes-style quarterbacking is unsustainable.
Eh. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are having HOF careers, Brett Favre had a 20 year HOF career, magician style QBing is absolutely sustainable.

Mahomes is more like those guys than a Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick who are run first QBs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Eh. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are having HOF careers, Brett Favre had a 20 year HOF career, magician style QBing is absolutely sustainable.

Mahomes is more like those guys than a Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick who are run first QBs.
Aaron Rodgers also is highly injury prone and has significantly dialed back his hero ball moments. He isn’t the same AR that he was his first 5-8 years.

I can think of 2-3 seasons where AR had a long absence due to injuries. Compare it to Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers and you see where the reliable investment is.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Do you realize how few you came up with?

Reactions: Con

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Talking about the anti-Mac forces, some of the cameramen yesterday had their cameras trained on the observers instead of the action, under higher-up directions, I suppose. When Mac over-threw one early to Najee, to whom he'd never thrown that far downfield before, they struck gold. Yesterday and today, everywhere I look, it's "Belichick shakes head at Jones overthrow"...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Talking about the anti-Mac forces, some of the cameramen yesterday had their cameras trained on the observers instead of the action, under higher-up directions, I suppose. When Mac over-threw one early to Najee, to whom he'd never thrown that far downfield before, they struck gold. Yesterday and today, everywhere I look, it's "Belichick shakes head at Jones overthrow"...

Which appeared to me to be a form of "photo/video shopping" because it was apparent that the two side-by-side videos didn't go together. It appeared Belichicks head shaking had nothing to do with Jones' overthrow, but rather whatever the guy next to him said.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Didn't really follow the pro day but it'd be pretty cool if Mac really does go to the 49ers. That might be the perfect situation for him to succeed in a lot of ways

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Which appeared to me to be a form of "photoshopping" because it was apparent that the two side-by-side videos didn't go together. It appeared Belichicks head shaking had nothing to do with Jones' overthrow, but rather whatever the guy next to him said.
1) the guy he was talking to was McDaniels

2) Belichick would never allow his thoughts to be known like that. So yes your conclusion is 100% right in that it’s probably something JM said and not a reaction to a throw.

3) Most of the posts about it on social media are coming from Dolphins accounts, Meme accounts, and Fields lovers.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
San Francisco recently traded up to the number 3 pick. I saw an article about this that indicated Mac is the kind of guy Shanahan likes. So Mac at the 3 pick? maybe

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Mac may well be a solid NFL QB. He won't be Mahomes or Rodgers but those are likely the two best QBs in NFL history. He could be a guy like Drew Brees with decent talent for the NFL but other intangibles that make his team better. His ceiling is not as high as Lawrence
San Francisco recently traded up to the number 3 pick. I saw an article about this that indicated Mac is the kind of guy Shanahan likes. So Mac at the 3 pick? maybe
I highly doubt that. They'll probably take Fields if he's there.

• Haha
Reactions: UAllday

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll agree, but i think they'll pick Wilson or Fields which ever is there i still think the Pats or Saints trade up for Mac
Yep, just from a PR standpoint, that is too high of a pick to pass on Wilson or Fields to take Mac and be wrong. It would cost people their jobs very quickly if it didn't work out. Especially seeing that the experts in the media (former players/coaches now turned analyst) have Wilson and Fields graded higher than Jones.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Neither makes my top 5 - maybe not my top 10. And Mahomes may not make my top 20 - he has a lot of years to sustain to get there.

Love Mac and hope he becomes the best to ever do it in the NFL.
If Mahomes makes it 10 years then maybe he makes my top 5. But Rodgers isn’t even close to my top 5. Yes he is talented but he is way too much a liability at times. He is often No Rodgers due to injuries or Arrogant Rodgers when he thinks his talent is God’s gift to the world. You can blame his team all you want but Rodgers maybe one of the biggest chokers in big games I’ve seen. I give Peyton hell for it, but making 4 SBs is still the sign of someone that can deliver.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Oh my God. He overthrew a guy on one or two passes. What a bum. I am sure Sunshine and Fields are just so perfect on every throw. In fact they are so perfect that they complete passes that they don't even throw.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
There seems to be a lot of smoke to this but I'll believe it when I see it. I really hope Mac does go there though because I think it is maybe his best chance to succeed among teams taking a QB round 1

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.