Full Season Helmet Schedule Picks- View mine and leave your picks and thoughts!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Mods- If there is another preseason predictions thread for the whole conference, please put this there.

I certainly had some surprises when I finished all of the picks for the whole season. If I were just picking team records without looking at the full schedule, I am quite certain that some of these teams would not be where they are.
Please share your full season picks and your thoughts.
West-
Alabama- 12-0, 8-0
Our line must be better or this will not happen, but I am hopeful based on things I am hearing.
Arkansas- 10-2, 6-2 This surprised me. Ls to Bama and MSU in consecutive weeks.
Auburn- 5-7, 1-7 Also a surprise, but on the low side. Start 4-0, lose 6 in a row and to us.
LSU- 7-5, 3-5 Start 6-0 but then only beat UAB on the backside. Unlikely, I know, but that's how I saw it each week.
MSU- 8-4, 4-4 Losses are LSU, A&M, Bama, and Ole Siss. Surprising win over UGA at home.
Ole Miss- 9-3, 5-3 Surprisingly high. Three in a row losses to A&M, Bama, and Arky.
Texas A&M- 10-2, 6-2 Surprisingly high. Losses to Arky and Bama.

East-
Florida- 8-4, 5-3
Ls are Utah, UT, UGA, and A&M
Georgia- 11-1, 7-1 L to MSU on the road after they play their main East rivals in consecutive weeks.
Kentucky- 7-5, 3-5 Ls are at UF and Ole Miss, MSU, at UT, and UGA.
Missouri- 4-8, 1-7 They could surprise, but I think they are just thankful for Vandy.
South Carolina- 5-7, 2-6 SEC wins are Mizzou and Vandy.
Tennessee- 9-3, 5-3 Ls are at LSU, Bama, and UGA.
Vanderbilt- 1-11, 0-8 I don't even think they beat Hawaii. I gave them Elon.

Okay, I am ready for the season and your thoughts Tidefans. I also do helmet schedule picks by week just to see how much they change from the preseason because there are always a few teams who surprise us, both good and bad. Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Windsortide

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2019
I like UT as a surprise team in the East even though I would be happy for 0-11. Florida and UK will be heard from also.
In the west I see MSU more like 7-5 or 6-6 and LSU in that area. I will believe when I see if 8-4 Jimbo can do better?

Reactions: Bazza

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I like UT as a surprise team in the East even though I would be happy for 0-11. Florida and UK will be heard from also.
In the west I see MSU more like 7-5 or 6-6 and LSU in that area. I will believe when I see if 8-4 Jimbo can do better?
I also expected that from MSU and LSU, but I just pick each week based on other factors like bye weeks and who a team has played the week before. It's very unlikely that AU and/or LSU have those big losing streaks, but that is just how it played out this year. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts. Roll Tide!

Reactions: Windsortide

Windsortide

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2019
I also expected that from MSU and LSU, but I just pick each week based on other factors like bye weeks and who a team has played the week before. It's very unlikely that AU and/or LSU have those big losing streaks, but that is just how it played out this year. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts. Roll Tide!
Let’s hope for long losing streaks for both of them LOL 😂 unless you bet them?

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: teamplayer

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
ESPN did full season picks for all five power conferences.
Click here for all five power conference picks.

If any of you have your full season picks, post them here so we can have something to talk about for the last week before Bama's season gets started. Roll Tide!

This is their pick for the Big 12's nonconference game of the year. What? I can only suppose that they think it will be a more competitive game than Bama v. Texas. That still seems laughable.
Nonconference game of the year: TCU at SMU, Sept. 24
Hahaha

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
OK, here are the full season results for my preseason full season picks. Obviously, they didn't turn out like I had hoped, but some were pretty good. Let me know how you guys finished based on preseason picks. Roll Tide!

West-
Alabama- 12-0, 8-0
Finish- 10-2, 6-2 Preseason words- Our line must be better or this will not happen, but I am hopeful based on things I am hearing. Post- The line wasn't much better most of the time, but the defense really let me down based on what I was expecting, which led to two fewer wins than predicted.

Arkansas- 10-2, 6-2
Finish- 6-6, 3-5 Pre-This surprised me. Ls to Bama and MSU in consecutive weeks. Post- Arky really let me down a bit. They lost a few close ones, but I was surprised that I had them winning 10 anyway.

Auburn- 5-7, 1-7
Finish 5-7, 2-6 Pre-Also a surprise, but on the low side. Start 4-0, lose 6 in a row and to us. Post- The final record was accurate.

LSU- 7-5, 3-5
Finish 9-3, 6-2 Pre- Start 6-0 but then only beat UAB on the backside. Unlikely, I know, but that's how I saw it each week. Post- They definitely did better in the SEC than I expected during Kelly's first year.

MSU- 8-4, 4-4
Finish- 8-4, 4-4 Pre- Losses are LSU, A&M, Bama, and Ole Siss. Surprising win over UGA at home. Post- The final record was exact, but some of the individual games were switched.

Ole Miss- 9-3, 5-3
Finish 8-4, 4-4 Pre- Surprisingly high. Three in a row losses to A&M, Bama, and Arky. Post- They had a pretty easy schedule starting out, so I thought they would do pretty well.

Texas A&M- 10-2, 6-2
Finish 5-7, 2-6 Pre- Surprisingly high. Losses to Arky and Bama. Post- I didn't think they would win any championships, but I thought they would do much better than 5-7. Swing and a miss.

East-
Florida- 8-4, 5-3
Finish- 6-6, 3-5 Pre-Ls are Utah, UT, UGA, and A&M Post- Losing those last two burned me. Thanks for nothing, Gators!

Georgia- 11-1, 7-1
Finish- 12-0, 8-0 Pre- L to MSU on the road after they play their main East rivals in consecutive weeks. Post- UGA keeps showing up strong.

Kentucky- 7-5, 3-5
Finish- 7-5, 3-5 Pre- Ls are at UF and Ole Miss, MSU, at UT, and UGA. Post- I didn't expect a lot and didn't get a lot.

Missouri- 4-8, 1-7
Finish 6-6, 3-5 Pre- They could surprise, but I think they are just thankful for Vandy. Post- They nearly had an upset of UGA and showed up a little better than expected.

South Carolina- 5-7, 2-6
Finish- 8-4, 4-4 Pre- SEC wins are Mizzou and Vandy. Post- SC pulled off a couple of big wins at the end to finish with a solid season.

Tennessee- 9-3, 5-3
Finish- 10-2, 6-2 Pre- Ls are at LSU, Bama, and UGA. Post- UT was on the verge of a huge season, but getting whipped by UGA and SC left them feeling a little down.

Vanderbilt- 1-11, 0-8
Finish- 5-7, 2-6 Pre- I don't even think they beat Hawaii. I gave them Elon. Post- Vandy said, "In your face!" to me and got four more wins than predicted, including two SEC wins. Good for them.

Well, another regular season has come and gone. I hope the bowl season is entertaining for us. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!